It’s the time of the year for oil changes - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It’s the time of the year for oil changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It’s the time of the year for oil changes

Doing oil changes this week, only need to do oil changes once a year since my mom and I put less than 5,000 miles a year and I use Amsoil 25,000 mile oil and filter. I like doing the oil changes after summer, around October and November.Been using Amsoil for almost 10 years now. Should be interesting on the Camaro, with the turbo on it. Not getting the filter off through the top anymore. What oil and filter does everyone else use and how often do you change it?
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Amsoil 5W-30 and Purolator PureONE PBL24011 (PF52) Oil Filter

Once a year - fall
    Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Nice,Robert, 5-30 Yeah your further north than I am , 10-30 for the cars and 5-30 for my truck. Just go by Amsoil recommends. I think your the one who got me hooked on Amsoil so many years ago. Lol Thanks
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

ZZP recommends going to the 2004 GM oil spec of 5W-30 if you install their Oil Volume Kit - so that's why I use it.
        Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdGT View Post
          ZZP recommends going to the 2004 GM oil spec of 5W-30 if you install their Oil Volume Kit - so that's why I use it.
          Cool, Yeah too thin with the turbo, need thicker for the turbo, I use to run 20w-50 but seeing how the 10w-30 works. Amsoil says their oil is designed for turbo vehicles also so will see. No problems yet.

Comment

Got the oil changes done. Camaro is still easy, bunch of webs though since it sits a lot. Found my moms Buick has a leaky transmission pan so will fix that. Truck is good although is kinda scary up on the tire ramps, heard something creaking when underneath, got back out real quick and it was just birds in the gutters on the house. Lol I had plastic truck ramps about 2 years ago and they started cracking and the passenger side came down on the jack stand , had to jack it up and get the jack stand out probably came down 4”s not fun . Threw those away and got metal ones. And use 6 ton jack stands. Alittle safer.
            Last edited by ssms5411; 10-05-2022, 06:53 PM.

Comment

I started using amsoil too with k and n oil filter. Before that I was using Royal purple for almost 20 years.

The other vehicles I use Pennsoil full synthetic and frame filter.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
                I started using amsoil too with k and n oil filter. Before that I was using Royal purple for almost 20 years.

The other vehicles I use Pennsoil full synthetic and frame filter.
                nice Edgar how often do you change your oil in your vehicles?

Comment

Once a year too since I don't drive very far.

Comment

Finally got the parts for the Buick. Did the trans filter, seal and gasket. About 2 hours taking our time, had a neighbor helping me which was nice. Was 3qts low so been leaking awhile. After the gasket went on it took 7 and half qts. to fill. Camaro only took 5 and a half, thought that was weird for the 4l65e taking more than the 4l60e. But the dipstick doesn’t lie.lol

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3.4 slow to go
                      hey there strangers!
                      by 3.4 slow to go
                      been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                      2 hours ago
                    • ssms5411
                      Had to get another phone
                      by ssms5411
                      Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                      1 week ago
                    • ssms5411
                      Leaking front cover
                      by ssms5411
                      So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                      2 weeks ago
                    • transamtom1
                      Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                      by transamtom1
                      Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                      3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X