Rescued a puppy today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rescued a puppy today

I’ve been wanting to get a bigger dog, so rescued this one from K9 connections. It’s a female lab shepherd mix, 7 weeks old. Named her Sadie.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

That's awesome Steve. I always tell people who are interested in getting a pet to always visit the pounds first, before going to the pet store.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
      That's awesome Steve. I always tell people who are interested in getting a pet to always visit the pounds first, before going to the pet store.
      Thanks Edgar, yeah all my pets, even growing up were found or rescued. This one was $375 but includes all shots, spayed at 6 months and chipped. When I first moved up here 7 years ago, I found a 3 year old cat and took him in. He’s a huge orange cat about 20lbs.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Nice rescue!

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
        1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Cute! Welcome to your forever home Sadie!

I've got a rescued Black Lab/Hound mix, a rescued German Sheppard/Husky mix, and a big ol Orange Cat rescue. All girls. (They have an older cat brother as well who I think came from the pound so...4 for 4?)

Can't wait to see more pics as she grows!

Congrats!

Comment

Sadie at 4 months, she is about 30lbs. She gets spayed next month.

Comment

Wow...she looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
                Wow...she looks great.
                Thanks Edgar

Comment

Taking Sadie to get spayed tomorrow, hopefully it settles her down, really a hyper dog.

Comment

How old is she? The spay should help. When my dog Mila got hers (we got it the earliest allowed which was like 7 months) within about a month you noticed a difference. Now she’s a year and a lot more chill. Still has her moments but getting a lot more chill. She’s a border collie / poodle mix so she’s a working dog and always wants to be busy

Comment

She is a little over 5 months now, they do all the rescues around 6 months, so we’re on schedule. I hope she settles down some.

Comment

We do (2) 30 min per day walks with ours and it helps out a lot. We also were trying to do 15-20 mins of training with her each night. Once we got to the more fun stuff like hide and seek it also added to her getting tired out. We now make her sit and wait, then we go hide a treat or toy and tell her to “find it” and she gets rewarded when she does. She loves it and it gets her going mentally and physically too

Comment

I try and take her on 15-20 min. walks at sun down but supposed to have surgery on my knee so can’t do too much. Once my knee is fixed, I hopefully can do more. She sits for treats and stuff but she gets excited and will jump on new people she meets. That I have no idea how to correct.

Comment

Just got back picking her up, doing good I’ll post some pics of her , she was 38lbs at a little over 5 months.

Comment

Here she is at 6 months, walking her every day. She’s finally getting use to the leash.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                Had to get another phone
                                by ssms5411
                                Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                                1 week ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Leaking front cover
                                by ssms5411
                                So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • transamtom1
                                Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                                by transamtom1
                                Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X