Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's everyone up too?

So what's everyone up too these days?

With me, I'm getting ready to register my Firebird as a classic vehicle or as a classic rod here in Nevada. That means I don't have to smog it.

I haven't done much when it comes to mods. I do plan replacing the bearings and belt in the supercharger soon. I am concern with the fuel pump, because it's making a whining noise.

Hopefully soon I can upgrade the injectors to bigger ones and have it tuned.

Not too much, my Cousins husband, my mechanic got Covid-19 along with their 2 kids, their doing good though, thankfully. Waiting for some better weather and I’m going to take the A/C out of the Camaro and reroute the belt system so it will be easier to add the turbo kit.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Blasting around in my recently modified Bonneville. Pretty fun. Intense Racing kit; 3.4 pulley, intake, thermostat, plugs, and tuned PCM. Works flawlessly. I'm actually at a loss as I thought I'd be finding more things to fix, but it's totally reliable.

Holding off on the next big parts orders for the Camaro due to lack of disposable income so...staying out of the heat when I can? Mowing the lawn when I have to? Lol. Pretty quiet, what with the constant waves of Covid sweeping the globe every couple months. Ah well. I feel very lucky to not have been directly affected. I hope it stays that way.

Comment

Hey Steve, really, how old are their kids? Usually, kids don't get covid, unless they're 15 and above. My uncle, who I grew up with and lived in the same household, passed away this January from covid, but he did have a preexisting condition. It was sad the way he went, not having his family around him on his last day.

Sucks you have to take the ac unit out to make way for the turbo. I'm sure it gets really hot there in AZ.

Comment

Namrepus, hang on to your SC Bonneville. They're becoming a item now and their values are slowly going up. I had a 2004 grand prix that I bought from a college student. I ended up trading it for a VW because I couldn't work on it to fix up the overheating problem.

it sucks how covid is ruining alot of people's lives. Be sure you workout, eat healthy, and get plenty of rest so your immune system can stay strong.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
            Hey Steve, really, how old are their kids? Usually, kids don't get covid, unless they're 15 and above. My uncle, who I grew up with and lived in the same household, passed away this January from covid, but he did have a preexisting condition. It was sad the way he went, not having his family around him on his last day.

Sucks you have to take the ac unit out to make way for the turbo. I'm sure it gets really hot there in AZ.
            Their 2 and 5 , he’s 33 I think. My Cousin she didn’t get it she got the shots. Sorry about your uncle. Yeah have to remove the A/C for the turbo, I’m in northern AZ so not too hot. Been up here 5-6 years now. Yes Phoenix is pretty hot where I moved from. What sucks is my elevation is 5k now up here. Sucks for tuning have to keep on tuning the Camaro. But I should be keeping the heat so that’s good.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Yeah I’ve been pretty down lately, my nephew who was 22 , shot himself in the head and killed himself. No note or anything, that was last month. So just trying to help my brother as best I can and his family, the 2 other brothers were home from school so they were there, now my brother and his wife want to move to Denver, CO because they don’t want to live where he killed himself. My brother found him after hearing the shot and kicking down his door. Then he called me and said he was dead. Pretty tough.

Comment

Oh man!!! I'm so sorry to hear that. My condolences to you and the family. It's hard say what that young man was going through to do that. I hope you guys will be ok. I've come to a point too of almost taking my own life. I was very desperate, hopeless and depress. It's good I gave life one more chance.

Comment

Holy smokes my condolences to both of you. That is really shitty and I wasn’t expecting to come back and read that…

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                  1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Thanks Edgar and Mike , yeah pretty ruff, trying to keep busy so I think I’ll work on the Camaro a bit. Yes life does get better as time goes by.

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                      Yeah I’ve been pretty down lately, my nephew who was 22 , shot himself in the head and killed himself. No note or anything, that was last month. So just trying to help my brother as best I can and his family, the 2 other brothers were home from school so they were there, now my brother and his wife want to move to Denver, CO because they don’t want to live where he killed himself. My brother found him after hearing the shot and kicking down his door. Then he called me and said he was dead. Pretty tough.

Sorry to hear that my condolences

I don't have a 4th Gen anymore.

Just my 5th Gen SS and my DD winter beater V6 G8 that I bought off its original owner last fall.

The thing is mint and he loved it dearly making sure it got the best of everything.

Its got 161,500 miles on her now(he drove it across Canada 5 or 6 times to visit his son)

Comment

Originally posted by transamtom1 View Post

Sorry to hear that my condolences

I don't have a 4th Gen anymore.

Just my 5th Gen SS and my DD winter beater V6 G8 that I bought off its original owner last fall.

The thing is mint and he loved it dearly making sure it got the best of everything.

Its got 161,500 miles on her now(he drove it across Canada 5 or 6 times to visit his son)
                        Cool, any mods on the SS? Yeah the G8’s are nice, I’ve always liked them.

Comment

I haven't been here in while

Mostly stock with a CAI kit the nice one with a clear cover on it a ZL1 rear spoiler with wicker bill a 1LE front splitter OEM GM ZL1 5 spoke rims with BFG's and resonator delete in the exhaust.

Thats it.

Comment

I forgot one interior mod

I got rid of the Legoland shifter bezel and used the M6 shifter boot to make it look a lot nicer

auto shifter appearance "mod" - Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

DIY: Manual leather boot install on auto shifter - Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	9F34CE43-EC23-4D64-ADB5-4621C9EDADE2.jpeg
Size:	2.75 MB
ID:	1577850 Looks good, I forget the company but I did my shifter and Ebrake about 15 years ago on my A4 96’ Camaro, I like it alot.
                              Last edited by ssms5411; 02-21-2022, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                20 minutes ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Had to get another phone
                                by ssms5411
                                Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                                1 week ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Leaking front cover
                                by ssms5411
                                So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • transamtom1
                                Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                                by transamtom1
                                Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X