Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update

Things have been insane the last month or so and I am hoping things can slow down soon. Some fun and exciting things to mention though, I put a deposit down on a puppy that if all goes well we'll grab near the end of the month lol.

Bought a new build house...been half a nightmare and half of a bucket of excitement. Never ever doing that again. Builder has been driving me insane, if they find tire marks in their parking lot my Chevrolet will likely be the one to blame

Leafs blew a 3-1 series lead against Montreal last night which made the Boston series where they blew a 2 goal lead with 5 minutes to go look like a joke. If my blood pressure wasn't off the charts before last night, it's hit a new level now lol.

My saving Zen is that I will finally have a 1.5 car garage (wish it was 2 damn it!) which means I can finally get a lift for the garage. Granted that will likely be about 2 years away from a priority perspective and other things that need to get done with the house first. Based on the other homes they appear to have 10ft ceilings in the garage, so I should have the same. Can't go with a full size lift, but if I can get away with parking the Camaro on top and the GF's SUV on the bottom I'll be super pumped. If not I'll possibly be looking at something like the Max Jax lift.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Hey that's great!

We adopted a puppy last May so or other dog would have someone to play with and it's been mostly a joy. Lol. Mostly.

The house sounds cool. I wish my garage was larger. That's definitely one of my biggest peeves with this house, but the rest of it is good enough that I think I'll be here a long time regardless.

Ha-hahahaha! What's the matter? The Leafs just followed through for their fans like they always do! Why is anyone surprised?
    Seriously though, I don't have any great hatred for them, but they sure are consistent. Anywho...GoHabsGo!

If you could cram a lift in there that'd be pretty cool. I've always wanted one but it's probably not in the cards. Maybe a Quick-Jack someday. until then it's floor jack and jack stands until I'm too old to crawl around on the cardboard.

Happy for you though. Sounds like a lot of things are on the upswing!

Comment

When you can't install a lift because of a prestressed concrete slab

https://www.raceramps.com/ramps/p/rr-restyle-16/

Yes - I have this.
      Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Originally posted by Namrepus28 View Post
        Hey that's great!

We adopted a puppy last May so or other dog would have someone to play with and it's been mostly a joy. Lol. Mostly.

The house sounds cool. I wish my garage was larger. That's definitely one of my biggest peeves with this house, but the rest of it is good enough that I think I'll be here a long time regardless.

Ha-hahahaha! What's the matter? The Leafs just followed through for their fans like they always do! Why is anyone surprised?
        Seriously though, I don't have any great hatred for them, but they sure are consistent. Anywho...GoHabsGo!

If you could cram a lift in there that'd be pretty cool. I've always wanted one but it's probably not in the cards. Maybe a Quick-Jack someday. until then it's floor jack and jack stands until I'm too old to crawl around on the cardboard.

Happy for you though. Sounds like a lot of things are on the upswing!
        I will Ban you...I swear... LMAO...kidding.

The Max Jack is actually a portable lift. So my thought is leave one side anchored and then remove the other to get it out of the way until it is needed. It is a very basic style lift, can only lift about 48" high so you will need to work from a stool or chair underneath. Lots of good reviews from what I have seen though...

Robert that looks pretty neat but really really expensive for what it is? How high does that lift you up? I like the portability and the fact it is very light

Have you considered pouring a new slab of concrete? Or reinforcing the areas where the lift posts would go?

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post

Robert that looks pretty neat but really really expensive for what it is? How high does that lift you up? I like the portability and the fact it is very light

Have you considered pouring a new slab of concrete? Or reinforcing the areas where the lift posts would go?
          LOL - the 2.25 car garage is part of the house and a single slab.

Can NOT drill into a prestressed slab - actually has a stamp in the concrete just inside the door stating that.

Attached Files

Raven

Comment

Nice place! I don’t really know much about prestressed concrete. What is the purpose of using it to begin with? I did a quick google and it looks like hollowed concrete?

I am not in construction but I haven’t seen that used anywhere around my neck of the woods up here.

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
              Nice place! I don’t really know much about prestressed concrete. What is the purpose of using it to begin with? I did a quick google and it looks like hollowed concrete?

I am not in construction but I haven’t seen that used anywhere around my neck of the woods up here.

My bad - it's a "post tensioned slab". Has steel cables in sleeves that were final tightened after the concrete set.

https://buyersask.com/articles-of-in...what-are-they/

Raven

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdGT View Post

My bad - it's a "post tensioned slab". Has steel cables in sleeves that were final tightened after the concrete set.

https://buyersask.com/articles-of-in...what-are-they/

Woah. There's a warning that should be taken seriously if I'm understanding that right. If the tension was released that would be a disaster and a half for the house.

Pretty cool solution to a problem though. Just sucks for wanting to install a lift. Lol.

Comment

I wish I could have a lift in my garage. It's low ceiling. Be careful with the pup. Once they see their reflection on the car they start to go wild and start scratching it with their claws.

Comment

Ya pup won't be in the garage much until she can calm down. I was really worried about low height, but 10' is just enough

Comment

In the background you can see the two 4-Post Lifts I bought last year. They were about as cheap as you can get, and I had to pick them up and assemble them myself. They seem to work good, and they're ideal for stacking cars in the wintertime to make space for the kids to play. I need to order the caster kit so I can drag them over to my wash bay for spring salt cleanups on the undersides.

I've got a nice 10,000lb 2-post lift in the other barn where I do dirty work. To do over again, I would have upgraded to a 20,000lb lift for a little more ease of mind when working on my 2500 Silverado.
                      <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

I want your garage... I have a measly 1.5 garage...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3.4 slow to go
                          hey there strangers!
                          by 3.4 slow to go
                          been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                          3 hours ago
                        • ssms5411
                          Had to get another phone
                          by ssms5411
                          Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                          1 week ago
                        • ssms5411
                          Leaking front cover
                          by ssms5411
                          So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                          2 weeks ago
                        • transamtom1
                          Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                          by transamtom1
                          Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                          3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X