Spring Mod Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Mod Plans

What’s everyone’s spring time mod plans?

I am looking to add a fan to my transmission cooler and since I have a caliper that appears to be sticking, I may look into the Corvette Brembo brake upgrade...

What about you guys/girls?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Already did replacement of all calipers with red powdercoat C5 in front and 92 1LE in the rear.

Coming - factory oil cooler, power steering cooler, replace existing manual fan switch with custom, and many more that didn't get done last year.
    Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdGT View Post
      Already did replacement of all calipers with red powdercoat C5 in front and 92 1LE in the rear.

Coming - factory oil cooler, power steering cooler, replace existing manual fan switch with custom, and many more that didn't get done last year.
      Nice! What’s different with the 92 1LE calipers? I was looking at the 2014 C7 brake upgrade we can now do on our cars which gives us cheap Brembos.

I priced it at around $600 CAD yesterday, but want to try and get that down some...

What do you plan on running for the oil cooler setups?

Comment

92 1LE are full ribbed calipers like C4 - the 93-97 caliper used a modified C4 casting with a "flat" spot.

Engine oil cooler is 9C1 sandwich and soft lines with aftermarket cooler.

I'll get some installed pictures maybe next weekend.
        Last edited by FirebirdGT; 03-27-2021, 09:01 PM.
        Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Nice Robert.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

My spring plan is to get the Camaro painted Satin black and hopefully get the turbo on .
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

The Bonneville is getting a performance package installed (CAI, tune, smaller supercharger pulley etc) and new tail lights (1/3rd installed so far).

I spent a good chunk of the day yesterday continuing to tear down the Camaro. One of the flange bolts on my headers is giving me a hell of time, but I'll get it eventually. Once they're out of the way, it'll be more cleaning of the engine bay while I save up to buy some re-conditioned heads.

EDIT: Hey, 100 posts! Lol. Whoot.

Comment

I'm going to my parent's house this weekend to get my pacesetter headers. Once I have that installed I will reinstall the supercharger, but first I'm going to have the impeller changed and have a breather installed on it.

Comment

Nice! I got my SLP Flopac installed. Got it tossed in with the deal for the leather I put on the seat. I'd like to extend it down to the air damn to make a true ram air.

I found all my QA1 shocks are leaking. So they will either need a rebuild or I need to look at doing a set of something else...Probably won't be until next year though.

Comment

*scribbles on notepad* Don't...buy...QA1...shocks...

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
                      Nice! I got my SLP Flopac installed. Got it tossed in with the deal for the leather I put on the seat. I'd like to extend it down to the air damn to make a true ram air.

I found all my QA1 shocks are leaking. So they will either need a rebuild or I need to look at doing a set of something else...Probably won't be until next year though.
                      That sucks Mike, I have QA-1 shocks all around on my Camaro but if they go I’m doing Konis I’ve already decided.

Comment

I was pretty peeved, but then again I bought mine used had them for 10k on the Black Camaro and probably another 20-30k on my current LS1. So I guess I can't really expect the world out of them.

My thought is to go Koni next. Make the car a little more fun on the regular. Question is I don't know if I should go Koni STR + Strano Springs or Koni Yellows. My budget seems to be shrinking these days instead of getting bigger lol

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                          Had to get another phone
                          by ssms5411
                          Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                          1 week ago
                        • ssms5411
                          Leaking front cover
                          by ssms5411
                          So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                          2 weeks ago
                        • transamtom1
                          Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                          by transamtom1
                          Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                          3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X