So turbo is going on my Camaro in January. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So turbo is going on my Camaro in January.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta do what you gotta do! Hope all is well!

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Yeah it’s hopefully just the leech lines for $5k if they have to do the tank too it’s $10k.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

It was just the leech lines, but the old lines were completely destroyed and no rock underneath. So have to add for new rock 4 dump trucks worth. So alittle more then 5k will know tomorrow when they finish.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

At least it is better than it could have been!

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
            At least it is better than it could have been!
            Yes, could of been worse, I’m thankful.

Comment

$5500, a lot less then I thought, thankfully, so looks like my plans haven’t changed after all. So hopefully I can do what I planned, turbo on Camaro, paint Camaro and paint my truck.

Comment

sweet- I want to see that turbo on Steve!

Comment

Me too, been too long, I have all the parts all over the office, was double checking to make sure I have everything.

Comment

Still on hold, hasn’t returned my text so don’t know what’s going on with him. Will keep you updated. I think $500 is pretty reasonable for a days work so I hope it’s not about the money.

Comment

Is he the best person for the job. Are there anybody else.

Comment

Yes he is the best person for the job , he’s done the head gaskets , cam , double roller , so I’d rather he help me since he’s also turbocharging he’s 4.3 in his Chevy Luv.

Comment

Any updates Steve.

Comment

Not yet, will contact him on Sunday when he is off. Might just get the Camaro painted Satin black, don’t know.

Comment

So might do the turbo myself, lol will take longer but might start on it in April. Haven’t heard anything from my cousin so might just start doing it. Or get it painted Satin black then do it will see. I hate when people don’t come through.

Comment

The turbo from ebay looks pretty straight forward when it comes to bolting it in. You should be fine.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                  Hello everyone!
                                  by Andy H
                                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                  2 weeks ago
                                • 3.4 slow to go
                                  hey there strangers!
                                  by 3.4 slow to go
                                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                  2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X