So turbo is going on my Camaro in January. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So turbo is going on my Camaro in January.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So turbo is going on my Camaro in January.

So told my mechanic to pick a weekend in January to help me install my turbo kit. So hopefully it goes smoothly, I’ll post pics of it of course and after that the paint will take place.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

excited to see the build in motion!

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

That's awesome Steve. I can't wait to see those pics.

Comment

Yeah, I’m going to get my hood and roof on my truck painted before my Camaro, it’s getting pretty bad on my truck. That way I can see if they do a good job so I can let them paint the Camaro if they do good. Only problem I see on the turbo install is the waste gate my Tial might be too big, height and wise, and I got rid of the one that came with the kit.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Emailed the Company that sold the turbo kit, $95 to replace it so I’m getting another one.It’s set at 8 psi. So that’s good. Went ahead and got told my mechanic anytime is fine, since I have the money.
          Last edited by ssms5411; 11-11-2020, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Got the wastegate and it’s as big as my Tial , so my Tial should work. The one that first came with the kit was smaller, so emailed the company again to confirm that this will work with the kit. My mechanic also said that he won’t be able to help me until the first of the year.

Comment

I heard back from the company they said it will work, so I’ll use my Tial wastegate and keep this one as a back up.

Comment

Got my turbo water lines routed , so should be able to keep my heating for the car while cooling the turbo.

Comment

i ****in swear steve, ive been waiting 16 years for this damn car of yours to get turbo'd lmao

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                  http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                  Or this

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber View Post
                    i ****in swear steve, ive been waiting 16 years for this damn car of yours to get turbo'd lmao
                    Lol. It was turboed for alittle while back in 2012 , lol had the under K setup. Before that from 2002 had the Powerdyne supercharger to about 2006. Then ran nitrous for alittle while. I’m getting there, had a few setbacks, Stroke and divorce but still going strong. If I was smart I would of got the FFF kit or the Cartunning kit.

Comment

Good that you can keep the heat - not that you need it in AZ!

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                      1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
                        Good that you can keep the heat - not that you need it in AZ!
                        Yeah have to either cut the newer metal hose and hope the silicone holds or go back to the plastic stock hose end . Since no a/c and using a ribbed pulley and shorter belt , the new metal coolant ends get in the way. But I think it’s the flowing into instead of flowing out. I’m up north in Az , so we get snow, it still gets pretty cold.

Comment

My Cousin stopped by X-Mas , his dad isn’t doing to well so he said it might be until his dads better. Also my leech field on my septic took a crap, so there’s another 5K to 10k down the drain. Won’t be painting the Camaro this year probably. So just planning on doing the turbo for the Camaro and getting my truck painted.

Comment

Hey, life happens. Unfortunate, but some things just take priority. Looking forward to it getting turbo'd though.

Comment

Originally posted by Namrepus28 View Post
                              Hey, life happens. Unfortunate, but some things just take priority. Looking forward to it getting turbo'd though.
                              Yeah my house is pretty old, 50 years, but atleast the turbo should go on this next year. And depending on my refi on the house should be able to get my truck painted, the hood and roof is all it needs.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X