3800 looks good in this classic car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3800 looks good in this classic car

The supercharged 3800 looks really in this classic ford. I wish I could do something like this to my 88 pickup.
    Attached Files

Looks great, I’m sure you could Put it in just about anything.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

That's pretty neat! I wish my L67 in the Bonneville was mounted in that direction. Lol.

Looks good in there. And likely more than enough motor for that car. Very cool.

Comment

Yeah, I'm not a fan of transverse engine myself. I prefer straight rwd, but unfortunately 2 of my other cars are like that.

I hope to try Steve. In the future I hope to find a 4th gen donor car.

Comment

That’s awesome! My buddy sent me a shot of a 70’s Camaro with a 3.8L swapped into it too that was pretty cool. Too bad I didn’t save the photos...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
          1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
            That’s awesome! My buddy sent me a shot of a 70’s Camaro with a 3.8L swapped into it too that was pretty cool. Too bad I didn’t save the photos...
            Alex put his turbo 3.8 out of his 4th gen into his 1st gen, I’ll see if I can find some pics.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	061E032D-2DE5-4CF4-991F-2755ADAE9A86.jpeg
Size:	355.6 KB
ID:	1576984 Click image for larger version

Name:	30DF6CFF-90ED-45DD-9BE2-A192F0C4B42E.jpeg
Size:	402.8 KB
ID:	1576985 Here’s some pics.

Comment

Nice! I love first gen birds!

Comment

That looks good. Is that a 90s 3800 or an earlier 80s turbo buick motor.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
                    That looks good. Is that a 90s 3800 or an earlier 80s turbo buick motor.
                    1997 4th gen.

Comment

Got it.

Comment

In the pic it’s the eBay turbo kit but he’s going back to the FFF turbo kit since the eBay turbo kit hits his control arm on the 1st gen. Can’t wait to get mine on , should be in January.

Comment

Yeah, I can't wait to yours as well. Very interested too on how your going to do your tuning.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
                            Yeah, I can't wait to yours as well. Very interested too on how your going to do your tuning.
                            Tunning shouldn’t be a problem, Alex said he had his tuned for 15psi without any problems.He said he was going to tell me his secret.lol I only want to run 12psi max which should put me at 400 wrhp.

Comment

On a side note, when I had the Powerdyne supercharger in Phoenix I could only run 10-13 degrees of timing do to the heat. Now being up North I hope to run 18+ degrees , a lot cooler temps. And with the turbo cam should be interesting. I’m only starting at 7lbs of boost and going from there.
                              Last edited by ssms5411; 10-15-2020, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X