Removing smoke smell from car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing smoke smell from car

Does anyone have any tips on removing smoke odour from the car? My new truck the dealer got rid of about 98% of it, but you can still smell it a bit... I am not sure what I can do to rid it?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

I had some friend after partying too hard throw up in my car and to get that smell out I put baking soda on all floors, seats, and everything in between left it there for a few days and then vacuumed the baking soda up. It absorbed 95% of the smell and then I used a car refresher bomb to get rid of the rest of the smell. If that doesn’t work you could try steam cleaning the cloth roof of the car since smoke travels up.

Comment

Ozone generator. A good one will remove all smells, but if you use it too much you risk damaging the interior. A couple 20 minute cycles is what I typically do.
      <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

Dealer used some ozone thing overnight they said. It got a lot out.

I just used the turtle wax odor bomb. It smelled like I axed the truck for a few hours. By the next day the axe smell was gone and a lot of the remaining smoke odor was gone.

The next day I shampood the interior and then febreezed it. This go rid of even more smell. There is just barely a hint of it left and I am hoping it goes away when I grab a nee cabin filter today...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
        1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
          Had to get another phone
          by ssms5411
          Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
          1 week ago
        • ssms5411
          Leaking front cover
          by ssms5411
          So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
          2 weeks ago
        • transamtom1
          Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
          by transamtom1
          Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
          3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X