Camarov6 Social Distancing Playoff Bracket - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camarov6 Social Distancing Playoff Bracket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camarov6 Social Distancing Playoff Bracket

In lieu of no sports going on right now and the Corona virus keeping us from enjoying the social companies of one another, I present to you Camarov6's very own social distancing playoff bracket! Each day we are going to have a set of matches played in each of the 4 quadrants in the playoff bracket below. You will have until midnight EDT time on March 27th to get your first votes in for the first set of match-ups taking place (in the 6th Gen Elite Region)

Results of the vote will be tallied up and the winner will move on in the bracket. Each day a set of matchup's will be played - similar to a March Madness style bracket, or any other sport for that matter.

When voting, pick the task that you would rather be doing out of the 2 options in this social isolation period.

You can send this link to any of your friends, family and other gear head friends - let the Games begin!

A special thanks goes out to a good buddy of mine who did this on his social media and I thought it was gold and made my own version.

The playoff bracket:

Surviving Covid 19 championship

Voting takes place here in this link: Vote here - Submissions must be in by 1pm April 1st EDT time.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by LETZRIDE; 04-14-2020, 04:22 PM.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Voting link above and I have attached the Jpeg of the bracket above as well in case you can't read the embedded version

Comment

Sure, what the hell. Lol. Something to do and if for those missing March Madness they can get their fix.

Comment

4 matches going on so far and the results are pretty interesting...this is going to be awesome!

Comment

I voted pretty cool.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

It was a close fought battle as the matchups went back and forth yesterday. The top seeds did not have a walk in the park as some of us may have thought they might.

Taking a look at the first matchup of the day, we saw the first seed in the 6th gen elites region
            install exhaust kit” facing off against the 8th seed of “fixing that annoying rattle”. The battle was a close one going back and forth with the win going to installing an exhaust kit taking the 10-8 win.

Matchup #2: faced off the 4th and 5th seeds of “changing your oil” vs “finding a mini model of your car” – while having a mini me to put on display to keep you company especially in the colder months, it is clear our members place routine maintenance over material accessories…

Matchup #3: Many thought that the 6th seed of “trolling Mustang owners” would come out on top of the 3rd seed of “browsing the internet for new tools”. But finishing strong and not caving to the upset our members demonstrated that no matter how enticing the entertainment, nothing beats a garage full of top notch tools.

Matchup #4: Could this be the death of social media? “wash / detail your car” was one of the bottom seeds coming in at 7th facing off to what seems like the biggest internet thrill since the inception of snapchat. Nonetheless, it dealt a crushing defeat of 15-3 to the 2nd seed “post your car pictures on Instagram”

With the first day of matchups officially over, it will be interesting to see how the GM performance division fairs. Hold onto your motors, this is going to be a good one!

New voting is here! I have also attached a PDF of the bracket if you are having trouble reading the images

Good Luck!
            Last edited by LETZRIDE; 03-28-2020, 11:39 PM.

Comment

The updated bracket is now up along with new voting!

Today was another fun day with most all of the top seeds pushing through to the next round except for one and that was a big 8th seed upset over the 1st choice. In case you missed it this is what took place...

Matchup #1 - The top seed of the GM performance division "post car pics on Facebook" took a brutal 8-2 beating by the 8th seed "Visit www.camarov6.com". That just goes to show how much you all love us over here, if I was betting I would of lost my lunch for a week on this one.

Matchup#2 - was between "arguing whose car is faster" and "installing an air freshener". I guess it never fails that if you find us at a party whether with randoms or friends you can bet if the topics of cars comes up (which it will) it will undoubtedly be a heated discussion

Matchup #3 - was a close fought game with a 6-4 win favoring "doing a photo with your car" over sneaking out to do some burnouts in an deserted lot. Judging by the photos that are sent to us daily on Instagram this could be how some of you all became such good photographers. I am sure the local authorities also thank you for this outcome lol.

Matchup #4 - was a big 8-2 win for "checking Craigslist for parts" over "updating your Tinder profile photo flexing with your Camaro." Ladies, I am pretty sure you'd have most car guys hearts the moment they know you drive a Camaro. Fellas, remember the ladies love fast cars... Nonetheless, this win gave a whole new meaning to this meme, Priorities!:

Click image for larger version  Name:	single taken.jpg Size:	8.9 KB ID:	1575991

The new votings is up and can be found in the first post of this thread
              Last edited by LETZRIDE; 03-29-2020, 11:42 PM.

Comment

And just like that we finally have a total sweep! Round 3 is now complete and really only one game was close while the rest were blowouts.

Matchup #1: was a face off between "buying cheap gas" and "sending @camarv6forum some Instagram photos" - this one was a nail biter that ended up seeing "buying cheap gas" come out on top by one point for a final of 6-5

Matchup #2: saw an 8-3 win favoring "reorganizing your tools" vs "doing your brakes" - Weather could of played a big factor in this one seeing how it is a little chilly out and quite rainy over the last week or so. If you have to do your brakes in the driveway, staying dry reorganizing tools is a no brainer...

Matchup #3: would make any librarian bang their head against a wall and be convinced the world really is ending. The option of "cleaning out your garage" dusted "flipping through old hot rod magazines" by a score of 8-3. Books are now officially a thing of the past!

Matchup #4: saw a battle between two digital video platforms - "watching YouTube car videos" taking on the new hip video playback pass time of "making a Tik Tok video featuring your Camaro". The score was a total sweep for YouTube of 11-0. Gear heads are freezing the hands of time and having no part of the Tik Tok what time is it phase.

Round 4 Team USA Region is now up for votes and then onto the sweet 16 stage the following day.

Last edited by LETZRIDE; 03-31-2020, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Another nail biter as we move into the sweet 16 matchups this week!

Let's recap on what happened last night:

Matchup #1 - was between going out for a peaceful isolated cruise (or a little rip) versus registering on Camarov6.com. The result was our second sweep of the series 8-0 in favor of the cruise. We aren't offended because we know most of you all are all members by now anyways!

Matchup #2 - was a tough choice between "shopping for new car parts online" and actually "buying new car parts" - as you likely are not surprised to find out - "buying car parts" takes the big win here 6-2

Matchup #3 - was between "swapping winter tires" or "installing some modifications" - who would want to swap winter tires when you can trick your car out and make it faster anyways? Which is why "installing some modifications" takes the win at 7-1

Matchup #4 - Was the big upset of Team USA Region - our members would much rather "Vacuum and clean their interior" than perform a tune-up. Hey - at least you all are clean! This win was a 5-3 defeat!
                  Last edited by LETZRIDE; 04-02-2020, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Sorry this took a bit to get up - been a lot going on over here.

Nonetheless - moving into the Elite 8 are these almost 4 underdog teams facing off against whoever wins the current sweet 16 matchups now up.

Matchup #1: Was a big faceoff between the 1st seed "installing an exhaust kit" vs 4th seed "changing your oil" - Changing your oil came out with the big upset with a 4-1 win.

Matchup #2 - Another big upset with a 3-2 win with washing / detailing your car beating out "browse the net for new tools." You can have all the tools in the world, if your car doesn't look spiffy it doesn't matter!

Matchup #3 - saw our 3rd blow out of the tournament with you all wanting to visit camarov6.com over argueing whose car is faster. We appreciate you all - it almost brings a tear to my eye...

Matchup #4 - Was the only favorite to go on this round. Checking craigslist for parts trumps doing a photoshoot at a score of 4-1. Who can't get enough parts for their car?

Last edited by LETZRIDE; 04-04-2020, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Alright onto the final 4 and what gets to be some of the most exciting parts of usual playoff brackets.

The elite 8 finished off with 1 upsets and 3favorites moving forward.

Matchup #1 - Everyone knows we are all likely procrastinators, especially when it comes to reorganizing the tools. That's why we would all much rather buy cheap gas than rejig the tool sets!

Matchup #2 - Similar to the first matchup, what fun is there in cleaning our the garage when we can spend time watching YouTube car videos to figure out just what type of exhaust setup I want to run...or cam I like the sound out of. Don't forget watching another Camaro whoop up on a Mustang could win any day!

Matchup #3 - This was a shocker as the underdog took the win here. We would much rather order new car parts than jump in the car and go for a cruise.

Matchup #4 - Was another shut out game that installing new mods trump vacuuming out the interior of the car. Hey, we're all car guys and most of our interiors are probably already spotless, so no surprise here.
                      Last edited by LETZRIDE; 04-09-2020, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Alright - some big matches happening in the final 4 to take us into the big Semi finals before the dance...

Matchup #1 ended in a big upset with members choosing to "wash / detail their car" over changing their oil at a final score of 9-2. Washing the car was an underdog going into this tournament as a 7th seed team.

Matchup #2 - Saw another big upset with users choosing to "visit Camarov6.com" over checking Craigslist for new parts. I swear we did not pay off the refs and there is no bribery going on. Could this be the Cinderella story of an 8th place team going all the way? Final score was 10-1

Matchup #3 - A 3rd upset but not quite as big as the others. It was the 2nd seen "watch YouTube car videos" dominate the 1st seed of "buying cheap gas" 10-1

Matchup #4 - Was the only favorite to win this round. "ordering new parts" trumps "installing them" with a 9-2 win. I guess it can be more fun to buy the parts and get excited about installing them later lol

Last edited by LETZRIDE; 04-14-2020, 04:23 PM.

Comment

That's it, we are down to the championship game!

The semi finals are now concluded with the following results:

Matchup #1 - somehow visiting Camarov6.com overcame the urge to wash and detail your car by a whipping of 7-1. Definitely did not think that everyone prefers to hang out here versus making their car showtime ready, but we do appreciate it!

Matchup #2 - The video beast bit the dust. Our members would rather order new parts for their car than watch car YouTube videos. While some may believe the result should have been a tight fought battle, this matchup resulted in another blowout of 7-1.

We are now at the final dance with "Visiting Camarov6.com" taking on "Ordering new parts for your car" - this should be a good showdown. Get your vote in now! Vote link is also at the top of this thread.

Comment

And just like that we have a champion! Ordering new part takes precedent over visiting us here at Camarov6.com and we don't blame you for it. Who doesn't want new parts for there Camaro?

I attached the whole PDF in case anyone wants to view the total bracket.

Thanks for playing - hopefully it passed some of this social distancing time...
                            Attached Files

Comment

Camarov6 got robbed, lol
                              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Had to get another phone
                                by ssms5411
                                Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X