Social Distancing Activities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social Distancing Activities

So by now I think almost every government around the world is preaching to take part in social distancing to slow the spread of the virus.

What types of things are you doing to:

a) interact and keep in touch with your families while staying distanced
    b) keep yourself busy as you isolate yourself from the rest of society?

c) What are some ideas that you have that others on here can try if they are finding themselves bored and don't know what to do?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Well, we ended up with a rescue dog that we thought we were going to adopt but it turns out his profile wasn't entirely accurate and now we're just fostering him until the next potential adopter comes along. Of course who knows how long that will be... He's high energy and doesn't get along with the cats, so that's been keeping me busy (not exactly my first choice of activities mind you.)

So lots of walking dogs right now. Everyone else out for a walk stays far away from each other so far. It's easy to social distance outside in a small town.

I've been calling my parents and texting to stay in touch.

I'd LIKE to be writing, working on the cars, posting items on ebay, etc but haven't got to it yet.

There are always video games, walks, and odd as it sounds; going for a drive. Just don't get out of the car unless you need gas if you do clean your hands after using a gas pump or wipe down the handle and buttons before you fill up (assuming it's pay at the pump). I used to love going for drives when I was younger and gas was cheaper and here we are again. I mean, I'm not younger but gas is cheaper at least. Lol.

Comment

Nice! Dogs are always a good pass time and keep you plenty of company!

Once you get to the car you can do some writing on the site here on what you did! Lol

Comment

I started drafting up some woodworking plans for a few things I have wanted to build. Steve I am going to finally give the tool box build a whirl. I came up with a plan that I think works well.

When it gets warmer I have some furniture to refinish.

I would also like to start reading a few leadership books. I am not a big reader of books at the moment, but it is something I have wanted to start but never seem to have the time.

Comment

Sounds good, take a lot of pics.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Went to the grocery store today. What a weird experience. First time I've been out in public for over a week.

Most of the stuff I wanted was available. No toilet paper of course. Lol. But that should clear itself up in a couple weeks and I'm good for a while still.

Social Distancing is a little odd, I mean, I think I practice it naturally when out in public for the most part anyway, but I was very hyper aware of it. The grocery store is doing a great job but some people are still kind of dumb with being aware of what is around them, who needs to get by, how long they're taking, and how close they are to others.

Over all though, it was manageable. I will say that it took a loooong time compared to regular grocery shopping. Both because I was loading up the cart for the next couple weeks and because of the lines to get into the store and get to the check out.

If anyone has anyone who struggles with a disability in their life, I highly recommend you help them out by getting them groceries if you're healthy. A lot more standing and waiting is required than usual.

Comment

Yeah, went shopping also yesterday, Frys was good only thing they didn’t have was noodles and rice, but found them at our General Dollar, Costco went good also with a 5 minute wait to get in. Got everything we needed. If it stays like this, I’m not too worried. I think the panic shopping is over.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I am not sure why they are not rolling in the military to help with medical aid yet. Setup mobile command centers and more screening points, use them to help police the social distancing as well as setup shelter areas for medical support help insure the hospitals don't get overrun.

In the mean time for myself I have managed to lock myself out of the forum temporarily (lol), draft up more wood plans...got everything I needed for an oil change on both the truck and the Camaro - except for order in my oil filters (idiot) lol.

Hoping to continue building the site and dedicating some more time to it. The plan I believe at this point in time will be to take it off of the cloud platform by May and move it to the same server that hosts my highperformancejunkies site.That will be a bit of a battle.

I so far have gotten our Instagram up to over 6,000 followers and at 10k it should be easier to start driving people to participate in more topics.

Comment

They have the National Guard out in some states helping. Would imagine they’ll use them in every state here soon as the number of cases go up.

Comment

Based on how things are going, I'd say they will be rolled out everywhere in the US very shortly.

It seems some sort of intervention will be necessary just about everywhere, both with aid and policing (since we keep seeing images of people being idiotic and gathering in large groups).

As frustrating as it is to see the dumb ones being dumb, I'm also being encouraged by the best of us making donations of medical supplies, helping others where they can, and the majority of people trying to do the right thing by staying home.

Comment

Finally it was a nice day today- I got my winch reinstalled on the truck that I rebuilt over the winter. I also cleaned up the install since I wasn’t in a rush to get it done.

Tomorrow I am going to try for some woodworking. I need a 4x8 sheet of plywood and some 2x4’s though to do the tool box... stupid social distancing lol

Comment

That’s cool, I’m still waiting for a good day so I can replace my rear sway bar bushings and endlinks , also put my rear isolators back in.What I did last week was upgrade my stereo systems in the vehicles with 0 gauge wire where I had 4 gauge. Made alittle difference. I like it.
                        Last edited by ssms5411; 03-26-2020, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Obviously with this social distancing it's killed bar nights and hangouts with friends/family or bbqs. A number of friends of ours have been starting to do game nights once a week on apps like ZOOM. We found this site that has a bunch of PowerPoint template games that you can use to setup the games nights: https://www.rusnakcreative.com/gameshows

So far we have had a game of Family Feud and a game of Jeopardy and both were a blast.

Anyone else doing something like this?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                            Had to get another phone
                            by ssms5411
                            Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                            1 week ago
                          • ssms5411
                            Leaking front cover
                            by ssms5411
                            So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                            2 weeks ago
                          • transamtom1
                            Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                            by transamtom1
                            Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                            3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X