Corona virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corona virus

What’s your take on the whole outbreak going on right now? Those of you in the US, I know you have more cases than we do over here on this side of the border....

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

As a fellow Canadian, the threat seems low at the moment, but halting the spread seems to be incredibly difficult. A big part seems to be that people have no idea they're sick for weeks in some cases, if at all.

If the entire world just stopped for a month, the economic damage could be contained to a specific time frame. But the reality of making that happen is nearly impossible.

Can I say that I find it very weird that people are buying and hoarding toilet paper? Lol. Like, worst case scenario, use a rag and wash it repeatedly. Sanitizer and protective equipment I kind of understand, but honestly leave it for the health care professionals on the front lines.

It's funny that the number one piece of advice is the simple child-hood directive of wash your hands.

I'm currently unemployed and an introvert. Barely leaving the house for a couple months sounds fine to me.

Comment

I'm more likely to get hit by a bus than this virus. It's not even the deadliest virus compare to Ebola.

The media is just making it sound it's the worst thing ever. They are not reporting those who have recovered from it and they are only reporting those who died.

Comment

I work as a paramedic in Texas and the media has actually failed to show how fast the virus is actually spreading in the United States. It’s not cause for mass panic but people should definitely be on alert

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
          I'm more likely to get hit by a bus than this virus. It's not even the deadliest virus compare to Ebola.

The media is just making it sound it's the worst thing ever. They are not reporting those who have recovered from it and they are only reporting those who died.
          I'll agree with the lack of reporting on the recoveries. I had to seek out the data. The numbers look good. Humanity isn't going to get wiped out any time soon.

That doesn't change how much it sucks for the high risk individuals who have and will pass away and of course their families. I hope someone is making progress on an effective treatment.

Comment

Just went to town today Costco, Frys’s and Walmart was out of toilet paper, lol got back home and went to the General dollar store we have and they had some so I stocked up. I give it a month and it will be back to normal.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

From an emergency medical and hospital stand point by May most ambulances will be completely out of PPE in my state (some are already out) and our hospital UTMB already reached maximum capacity today with reports of possible cases taking up all the beds and not enough PPE to actually provide care to the patients

Comment

The lack of ppe for first responders is going to be a major issue.

I don’t understand why people are rushing to buy toilet paper of all things? Like if sh*t hits the fan and you are worried about toilet paper, I feel like your chances of survival aren’t very good lol.

Trump made some major announcements I heard on the news. Hopefully those are good steps for you guys - I don’t really know how some of it like the waiving health care fees will impact things over there.

All we have done over here is commit $1 Billion to research to find a magical cure...

From the sounds of things and the way oil prices are tanking I have a strong feeling we are headed for a recession

Comment

I don’t watch basketball, but the NBA has now suspended their season indefinitely.

I expect that the NHL will more than likely be doing the same or at the very least barring all fans from the games.

Actually I imagine most leagues will be following suit.

Comment

Hi, I work at an Airport in Texas and we just had a meeting, to stock up on basic necessities and airport might shut down to keep from spreading. Will be advised in a couple of days as to what happens.

Comment

Tom Hanks and the wife tested positive down in Australia. One of the crew was positive for the Coronavirus.
                      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Trudeau’s wife has it. All sports are cancelled. The line ups at the grocery stores are absolutely insane.

Gas is tanking here too... not good at all...

Comment

They are moving to shut down pretty much everything except for essential services down here for the most part.

The only border we have left open is the one we share with you folks in the USA

Hopefully you guys are doing well down there and the first responders we have on here are keeping safe out there...

Comment

The sooner they lock it all down (with the exception of essentials) the sooner it will be over. That being said, it's likely going to be longer than we all hoped to get through this because even as I write this people are still trying to travel back from where-ever in the world.

Not a huge impact on me. I'm not terribly social. Barely ever travel. Don't go to events on a regular basis. I had planned to take some time off and while this isn't exactly what I had in mind, I'll deal.

If the governments handle the work/financial side of things well and the companies make sure there are good set ups at the grocery stores for obtaining supplies with minimal contact (if any) then we'll be alright.

Keep the high risk folks away from everyone else. That's the scariest part. Don't want to lose your elderly loved ones due to carelessness.

Comment

Yeah, today was my last day at work before they closed. I have nothing to do and no income for 30 days. Also no gym.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                10 hours ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Had to get another phone
                                by ssms5411
                                Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                                1 week ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Leaking front cover
                                by ssms5411
                                So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • transamtom1
                                Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                                by transamtom1
                                Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X