Your most embarrassing moment in a car? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your most embarrassing moment in a car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your most embarrassing moment in a car?

What is your most embarrassing moment in a car?

For me it was moons ago back when I was 17. I put a subwoofer in my moms car that I got to drive around. I got to drive whenever we went out and one day I took her over to the store. While waiting (which was probably about 30 minutes) I thought I would be that "cool kid" on the block. I sat there, windows down, bass thumping pumping the tunes. People all around were looking, I thought I was cool - they probably thought I was a dumba** lol. Anyways, mom came out of the store and I went to start the car up and she wouldn't turn over. The battery got juiced while I was sitting there.

So, now I am sitting there getting chewed out for killing the battery and someone had to come over and boost us lol. I wasn't cool no more at that point.... lol. I was pretty damn embarrassed though...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Trying to open a firebird that looks exactly like mine. The owner just stared at me at the parking lot, probably thinking that I'm trying to break in in his car.

Comment

Funny you mention that - My dads friend had something similar happen to him in a Chevy Lumina. It was the same colour as his. The door was unlocked and he sat in the car and actually started it with his key. Then he went to pull out and a guy started yelling at him. He stopped looking all puzzled, then realized the cigarette lighter wasn't in the car (which his is) and was like...what the hell is going on??

Anyways, he showed the guy his key could start the car and then showed the guy his Lumina that looked the same lol. I can't remember if the guy tried to start his or not with his key. Both those cars were I think 96's

Comment

Wow that's crazy. GM didn't bother to give out custom keys.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
          Wow that's crazy. GM didn't bother to give out custom keys.
          They did have custom keys, it was the same style resistor chip that is on our keys. Just there are only so many pellet combinations that the odds of that happening probably aren't that good.

Comment

I know a while back at work one key started most of the company GM vans.

Comment

I want to tell this embarrassing moment but I’m new here and don’t want to start off like this, but I’ll tell it anyway. I was 16 and my dads car was a 1972 Grand Torino. I put some air shocks and Crome rims and it looked pretty good. I don’t know what age group I’m dealing with here but back in the day we would flip the air filter cap and it would sound like a fresh air intake of today’s cars. I was cruising with my buddies and to make it sound better I would start off in low and change gears to make it sound louder. The shifter on that car was on the steering column which made it a little difficult. We would cruise at this beach road and it was packed with people on the streets, pretty women everywhere we didn’t know where to look. While I was shifting and trying to look around at all the women I lost track of what gear I was in. Well one to many and I accidentally put it in reverse. My friends in the back almost ended up in the front seat and smoke everywhere. For some reason everyone on the street started clapping. I guess they thought I did it on purpose. So it was embarrassing and yet everyone thought it was cool. Well.... that’s my embarrassing story.

Comment

Mine I guess would be when I first got my Camaro in 1996, I learned how to drive stick on my moms Datson 210 hatchback. So thought I was good with a manual so I bought my Camaro with a stick. First time taking it out on a busy intersection I pulled up to a red light and when it turned green went to go and it would stall every time. Sat there with cars honking at me for about 3 lights worth and finally realized I was in 3rd gear instead of 1st.lol I was good after that.
                08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by Cam13 View Post
                  I want to tell this embarrassing moment but I’m new here and don’t want to start off like this, but I’ll tell it anyway. I was 16 and my dads car was a 1972 Grand Torino. I put some air shocks and Crome rims and it looked pretty good. I don’t know what age group I’m dealing with here but back in the day we would flip the air filter cap and it would sound like a fresh air intake of today’s cars. I was cruising with my buddies and to make it sound better I would start off in low and change gears to make it sound louder. The shifter on that car was on the steering column which made it a little difficult. We would cruise at this beach road and it was packed with people on the streets, pretty women everywhere we didn’t know where to look. While I was shifting and trying to look around at all the women I lost track of what gear I was in. Well one to many and I accidentally put it in reverse. My friends in the back almost ended up in the front seat and smoke everywhere. For some reason everyone on the street started clapping. I guess they thought I did it on purpose. So it was embarrassing and yet everyone thought it was cool. Well.... that’s my embarrassing story.
                  LOL - I had a Dodge Neon as a beater to get me by for a year and for whatever reason I still don't know, I used to toss it into neutral and coast to my house after flipping around on my street. Well one day I accidentally threw it in park while I was still going 2-3mph. I am surprised the parking pal did pop lol

Anyone ever "start" a vehicle that was already running with a bunch of people around? I did that back in the day too...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3.4 slow to go
                    hey there strangers!
                    by 3.4 slow to go
                    been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                    10 hours ago
                  • ssms5411
                    Had to get another phone
                    by ssms5411
                    Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                    1 week ago
                  • ssms5411
                    Leaking front cover
                    by ssms5411
                    So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                    2 weeks ago
                  • transamtom1
                    Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                    by transamtom1
                    Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                    3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X