Would you ever consider an electric vehicle? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you ever consider an electric vehicle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you ever consider an electric vehicle?

I have traditionally not really bought into the whole electric car thing. I know a lot of companies are starting to shift their focus with the success of Tesla and it goes back to tabling the question- would you ever consider owning an electric vehicle?

For me, on the one hand the excitement of driving isn’t there- no roaring of the engine if you have to get on it, no feel of real feedback from the car. On the other hand, the Tesla can run 9’s in the 1/4 mile with correct computer tuning...

I think their new truck is ugly as sin, but it has me kind of considering it for a daily driver at the same time. The top model is supposed to get 500 miles to a charge. I drive about 50 miles a day for work, so the money I save in gas alone would likely pay for atleast half of the car payments. But I am only somewhat interested because of the range. For me it has to be 500+ miles or it is useless to me as I go on trips to the cottage and what not that requires that distance and the ability to haul my quad in the back bed.

What are all your thoughts on these electric vehicles starting to come out?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Maybe when I’m old and don’t care about cars and trucks. I like the exhaust noise and tone. When I was at the doctors office about 3 months ago, I was parked next to a Tesla and didn’t know it. When I was leaving he was leaving too. He pulled out, making no sound at all , freaked me out.lol I’m use to sound from vehicles. They need like one of the big trucks the beeping sound when in reverse.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

LOL - don't get me wrong, it could never replace my sports/muscle car. But if the technology gets to the point where they are getting 500+ miles per tank in the trucks. And it can tow 14,000lbs - it might peak my interest for a daily driver.

I am an outdoors guy though, so it 100% has to get me off the grid and back without worry to even be considered.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
      1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Yes - I already have a Toyota hybrid - as it has the most HP. F1 is hybrid, ultra cars are hybrid. With the instant torque delivered by the traction motor, my 4-cyl is a blast - love flooring it leaving stop lights. Full electric hot rods are being built now.
        Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
          Hello everyone!
          by Andy H
          Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
          2 weeks ago
        • 3.4 slow to go
          hey there strangers!
          by 3.4 slow to go
          been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
          3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X