Long time fellas, and ladies...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long time fellas, and ladies...

There used to be a lady at least...Cant remember who.

Whats been up dudes?
    Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

What’s up, I’m still modding the Camaro, we use to have a couple of women here, Shirl, Kirsten and few others.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Still modding the 97? I think it was a 97...

Im deep in the gen3/4 chevy v8 game lol; 08 Heads and cam truck, and a swapped 93 Yukon, also cam'd, getting ready for a turbo. Still deep in VW's too.

I am still keep my eyes out for a decent 3.8 5 speed 4th gen as a daily but I never find one worth jumping on.
      Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
        Still modding the 97? I think it was a 97...

Im deep in the gen3/4 chevy v8 game lol; 08 Heads and cam truck, and a swapped 93 Yukon, also cam'd, getting ready for a turbo. Still deep in VW's too.

I am still keep my eyes out for a decent 3.8 5 speed 4th gen as a daily but I never find one worth jumping on.
        1996 Camaro, with a 97’ pcm, just got a ST2 turbo cam , double roller timing chain and P&P intakes installed last week. Painting it next April then installing the turbo kit.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Yeah I remember you were into VWs , have any pics of your V8s and VWs?

Comment

sounds like lots of fun projects! Any videos at the track?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
            1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Hello, good to see another member comeback. I remember you were in the military and you were also into VW. I think you were planning on marrying your girl too. There's a couple of things I bought from you, but I don't remember what they were.

Comment

Old school peeps? Nope, haven't seen any.
                Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Yeah, I left active duty and moved back home. Married for years now.

The GTI is big turbo, makes like 350 tire. I'm hoping to finally get it to either Barber Motorsports or NOLA raceway this upcoming year.

I also have a dune buggy that needs just a bit of wiring and the engine finished but has taken a back seat to other stuff.

The 2008 Sierra is cam'd cause it developed the notorious lifter roller failure. A case of necessity lol.

The Yukon I swapped is just a burnout machine, but the cam I chose has quite a bit of duration and doesnt do very well with a stock converter. Instead of swapping the converter I'm just slapping a T70 turbo on it.

I'll try to upload pics eventually.

Any of yall other than Steve still wrenching on 3rd or 4th gen fbody's? Anyone got a newer car?
                  Team NoVa

Comment

I try to wrench, but the major work gets done by someone else. Lol Sounds like you have some fun vehicles. No VW? or F-body there’s something wrong there.lol

Comment

I have my 02 Camaro I am slowly working on along with my daily- 08 Colorado.

The colly doesn’t have much, just a minor tweak to lift it with some bigger tires to handle the trails up north that I need to navigate.

I want to eventually get the Camaro cammed.

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                        I try to wrench, but the major work gets done by someone else. Lol Sounds like you have some fun vehicles. No VW? or F-body there’s something wrong there.lol
                        The GTI's are VW's and the dune buggy is off an old VW. My GTI makes tons of power, it's nasty. I keep looking for an LS camaro or trans am with a 6 speed but they still want like $6k for those bastards.

I want to eventually get the Camaro cammed.
                        The GT2 can be done in a weekend with springs and the tune can be done by you using HP tuners. Just do it! Gotta be less than $1k total, especially with HP tuners new like $300 suite. I bet SSMS even has a tune for it somewhere.
                        Team NoVa

Comment

My fault was thinking of some other car.lol My next vehicle will be a Buick Crossover of some sort, and will be AWD. Yeah Mike has Hptuners so he should cam that beast.lol

Comment

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post

The GTI's are VW's and the dune buggy is off an old VW. My GTI makes tons of power, it's nasty. I keep looking for an LS camaro or trans am with a 6 speed but they still want like $6k for those bastards.

The GT2 can be done in a weekend with springs and the tune can be done by you using HP tuners. Just do it! Gotta be less than $1k total, especially with HP tuners new like $300 suite. I bet SSMS even has a tune for it somewhere.
                            The 02 is an LS motor. My funds keep getting diverted into other pressing things that are coming up lol. My hope is by next year or the year after I can throw a nice healthy cam in her - then I will tune it with hp tuners

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post

The 02 is an LS motor. My funds keep getting diverted into other pressing things that are coming up lol. My hope is by next year or the year after I can throw a nice healthy cam in her - then I will tune it with hp tuners
                              Nice! I put a 212/218 Texas speed cam in my 08 truck and did the DOD delete for less than a grand, not counting HP Tuners since I have used it on multiple different builds.

I put a 228/230 .585 112LSA cam in the Yukon, all in for like $365 total. Jegs cam, Howard springs, and LS6 timing chain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VPPtAd7dL0
                              Team NoVa

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X