So my dad passed away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So my dad passed away

He passed away on September 12th, he had alhiemers real bad for about 4 years, and had blockages in his heart , also a admonial aneurysm. We think the aneurysm went, he fell a week prior and was bed bound. Found him on the bedroom floor dead. We had the memorial this past Sunday. He will be missed. He worked for GM for about 40 years as a shop foreman and Service manager before retiring 10 years ago. Really smart with cars and other things. Was a Vietnam veteran and work in the Air force working with bombs that they put on the planes. Now I'm just helping my mom out best I can.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Really sorry to hear that Steve. My condolences go out to you and your family.

Life is short, cherish every moment of it. Know that he is in a better place and one day you’ll meet again somewhere. At least that’s what I believe in.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Thanks Mike, he was a good person and thats the way I want to remember him. Damm alhiemers made him difficult at times but I like to think that was the disease and not him. Yeah he died at 72 so life is short.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Absolutely- hate the disease not the person for it. Take those memories and live by them. He taught you a lot and that creates more memories for you.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
        1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

My Condolence to you and your family Steve. Alzheimer's disease is a tough one. I've seen that in people and it is heartbreaking. I hope they find a cure for it. Your dad lived a colorful life. He definitely contributed to society.

I will say my prayers for him. I hope you and your mom stay strong. It's never easy losing a love one.

Comment

Thanks Edgar, yeah just helping my mom right now, with bills etc.

Comment

Sorry to hear - Spend as much time with your folks as you can, they always leave sooner than you expect.
              <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

Originally posted by sac2165 View Post
                Sorry to hear - Spend as much time with your folks as you can, they always leave sooner than you expect.
                Thanks , yeah we knew he was going to go, was on Hospice for over a year. Yeah you never know what's going to happen.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3.4 slow to go
                  hey there strangers!
                  by 3.4 slow to go
                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                  6 hours ago
                • ssms5411
                  Had to get another phone
                  by ssms5411
                  Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                  1 week ago
                • ssms5411
                  Leaking front cover
                  by ssms5411
                  So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                  2 weeks ago
                • transamtom1
                  Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                  by transamtom1
                  Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X