My firebird lives!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My firebird lives!

So, many many years ago, a dam let loose and my firebird sat fully under water for about a week. Yes, I’m serious.

when I started getting around to bringing life back into it, I got into two nasty car accidents which forced me to have 4 spinal surgeries and learn how to walk again. At the time, my doctors convinced me to never race again n sell the car.

well, I sold it and always thought it probably ended up in a junk yard.

i just got a message and picture from someone who brought it back from the dead. I don’t know any details except it’s back at the track and running low 11’s. I added the picture in an attachment. Just wanted to update the people who still remember me and the car.
    Attached Files
    Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
    nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
    2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
    2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

That’s awesome! Always a good feeling to know it went to a good home vs the grave.

I remember you had a fast car way back on the juice. How’s the recovery? Think you’ll ever ween yourself back into racing now that it has been a few years?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

That's great news, is it still a 6 running 11"s? You know what mods they done?
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I still have the Pontiac Magazine from back then that features your firebird. On the header it said, the fastest V6 Firebird.

I also have the magazine where Dolittle responded he has the fastest V6 firebird.

Comment

Nice :thumbsup:
          <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
            I still have the Pontiac Magazine from back then that features your firebird. On the header it said, the fastest V6 Firebird.

I also have the magazine where Dolittle responded he has the fastest V6 firebird.
            I remember Harry Doolittle had a damn fast car too. What did that thing ever get down to, does anyone know?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
            1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

I think it was high 11 for an NA car definitely the fastest NA V6. Ed Norton was 2nd to him.

Comment

Then Tim King with his twin turbo, I think he did 8s.
                08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                  Hello everyone!
                  by Andy H
                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                  3 weeks ago
                • 3.4 slow to go
                  hey there strangers!
                  by 3.4 slow to go
                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X