GM is killing the Camaro again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM is killing the Camaro again

Have you guys heard that 2023 would be the last year for the Camaro.

It has fallen way behind in sales compared to the mustang and Challenger.

Yes, Letzride posted this a few threads back.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Opps, sorry about that.

Comment

Ya I don't know what GM is doing anymore. They are fudging a lot of things up lately...there is no reason sales should be so far down

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
        1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
          Ya I don't know what GM is doing anymore. They are fudging a lot of things up lately...there is no reason sales should be so far down
          They should replace their general manager. I think the talks of moving their plants away from the US and taking a number of jobs away has hurt them.

Comment

I do like the Challenger and Mustang better than the new Camaro, sorry to say.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Never did like the look of the 5th and 6th Gen Camaro - I'd get a Challenger.
              Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

what did you expect. the 6thgen killed any classic look the car had, and the price is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by mdiesel View Post
                  what did you expect. the 6thgen killed any classic look the car had, and the price is ridiculous.
                  They said the same about the catfish 98-02 Camaro design. The performance is certainly there. I agree the price tag is beyond ridiculous

Comment

They said the same about the catfish 98-02 Camaro design. The performance is certainly there. I agree the price tag is beyond ridiculous
                    Yup, I remember the 2002 ss convertible was pushing 47k, and at the time you could get a vette for 50k.... why anybody would spend that much on a maro when for a couple more grand you could have a car that actually holds its value.... the Camaro was originally meant to be " the poor man's vette " .... not at these prices...

Comment

Yeah, definitely for the price I would go Corvette, I bought my 1996 3.8 Camaro in December 1995 for 18k, wanted the RS but that was 22k and out of my range at the time.

Comment

Ya they are certainly pricing themselves out of the market. Go back to an $18k base model car with the top model being 35-40k tops and you’ll see your sales spike. Forget all this new gizmo crap. Build a car that is 3200lbs and has a stout motor and that’s it. It’s a muscle car, it’s not meant to compete with BMW for luxury.

I don’t even see why a company can’t go back to an old platform design like the F-body to keep things simple?

Comment

Ya they are certainly pricing themselves out of the market. Go back to an $18k base model car with the top model being 35-40k tops and you’ll see your sales spike. Forget all this new gizmo crap. Build a car that is 3200lbs and has a stout motor and that’s it. It’s a muscle car, it’s not meant to compete with BMW for luxury.

I don’t even see why a company can’t go back to an old platform design like the F-body to keep things simple?
                          Agreed... muscle cars dont need OnStar, or heated seats. Lol

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3.4 slow to go
                            hey there strangers!
                            by 3.4 slow to go
                            been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                            12 hours ago
                          • ssms5411
                            Had to get another phone
                            by ssms5411
                            Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                            1 week ago
                          • ssms5411
                            Leaking front cover
                            by ssms5411
                            So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                            2 weeks ago
                          • transamtom1
                            Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                            by transamtom1
                            Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                            3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X