Engine work to be done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine work to be done

Not until November, but my mechanic said he would do my double rolling timing chain , oil volume mod, ST5 cam, OER lifters, and put on my ported/polished intakes. I told him I would give him $1000 and he said that was fine. Hes the one that did my head gaskets for $600 about 3 years ago , he does great work and I don't mind paying for it. Can't wait to get this done, my car is like a time bomb with that single timing chain and 130lb valve springs. And still can't decide if I want to get it painted first or install the turbo kit.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Your camaro sounds very strong with just the engine itself.

IMO get the engine done and turbo done and the paint will be the finishing touch.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
      Your camaro sounds very strong with just the engine itself.

IMO get the engine done and turbo done and the paint will be the finishing touch.
      The engine is built, 9:5.1 Diamond forged pistons, L32 rods, clevite 77 bearings, heads be done. Only have 50k on the rebuild and that was in 2002. Ive had the VS cam ever since too. Ive had the powerdyne, the nitrous, and the turbo on it and it still runs outstanding.

Yeah ,only problem doing the turbo after the engine work is me getting it done.lol Its going to kill my back, but if I can get the mechanic guy up to help might be able to knock it out in a couple of days. It would be smart to do the turbo before paint, so it doesn't get scratched.
      Last edited by ssms5411; 04-20-2019, 09:40 PM.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Yes. I remember your build and when you slapped on that powerdyne you got criticized for it. Yes, I remember.

If I live close to you I would definitely help you out. You have the best 4th gen camaro V6.

Comment

Lol, not the best yet. Once Im done it will be sweet. Thanks.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
            Hello everyone!
            by Andy H
            Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
            3 weeks ago
          • 3.4 slow to go
            hey there strangers!
            by 3.4 slow to go
            been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
            3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X