Having fun with low ballers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having fun with low ballers

So I have had my jeep listed for sale and a number of car parts over the last few weeks and have wanted to pull my hair out with the ridiculous low balling that seems to go on these days... so rather than get frustrated I decided I’ll start looking forward to the stupid ness and try to come up with some good lines to shoot back and maybe we can all have a laugh lol.

Feel free to post up any good snippets of your encounters with lowballers and we’ll make it one giant humours thread- whether it was a car, parts or whatever you were selling!

My two encounters today:

Low baller fun

Low baller funny

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Pretty good Mike, try ebay start the bid at 1 cent then they can low ball all they want. But make sure the Reserve is at $6000.lol
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

The problem with the ebay method is I have to ship the car somewhere if someone non local buys it.

Plus as much as I have nothing to hide and have been as honest as possible in my ad and interacting with people who have come out to see it, God know someone on ebay will buy it and then complain about something that I overlooked or missed or was unaware of when I either posted photos, descriptions or answered questions. It’s a 20 year old vehicle so in my opinion unless someone physically looks at it it is hard for anyone to have a whole picture on it

Comment

Just make it a "local pickup only" - I've had to walk away from many parts because of that on eBay.
        Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Put the price as firm.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdGT View Post
            Just make it a "local pickup only" - I've had to walk away from many parts because of that on eBay.
            I may end up doing that if it doesn’t sell locally- I’ve had a lot more calls recently... just also double the junk ones too.

And it seems to be a new fad around here to dollar bargain everything regardless if it says firm... hell I put up a set of old brand new weights I barely used when I tore my rotator cuff - pair of 10lb, 5lb, 3lb and 2lb weights all in the box. Put it up for $10 for everything and couldn’t believe the amount of people who wanted to “negotiate”. It’s flipping $10- what would you like it for? $9.99? With delivery?

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post

I may end up doing that if it doesn’t sell locally- I’ve had a lot more calls recently... just also double the junk ones too.

And it seems to be a new fad around here to dollar bargain everything regardless if it says firm... hell I put up a set of old brand new weights I barely used when I tore my rotator cuff - pair of 10lb, 5lb, 3lb and 2lb weights all in the box. Put it up for $10 for everything and couldn’t believe the amount of people who wanted to “negotiate”. It’s flipping $10- what would you like it for? $9.99? With delivery?
              Yeah thats pretty bad.lol I haven't tried selling anything in awhile. Had my chrome 17x11 ZR1s up on craigslist for $250 with brand new tires and people would go up to $225 and not $250 so I just kept them, glad I did. This was about 4 years ago.

Comment

Lol...those are good responses.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                  Hello everyone!
                  by Andy H
                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                  2 weeks ago
                • 3.4 slow to go
                  hey there strangers!
                  by 3.4 slow to go
                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                  2 weeks ago
                • ssms5411
                  Had to get another phone
                  by ssms5411
                  Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X