4x4 Truck with good gas mileage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4x4 Truck with good gas mileage

Looking for recommendations for a good 4x4 that gets good gas mileage (don't laugh!) - My Jeep is currently getting about 187 miles to a tank and costing me about $80 in fuel to fill up. I need something capable of having enough ground clearance to handle some hunting trails - must be 4x4. I have been looking at the S10's and Sonoma's but they are damn hard to find in 4x4 and my preference of crew cab.

If you have first hand experience with a good mileage truck as well would love to know the type of mileage you're getting...I am not looking to spend much more than 8g's tops on a vehicle knowing I'll be looking to sell the Jeep

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

My 2008 truck gets about 20 mpg mods in sig, its the l76 alm. engine and heads and has dod , so it goes from 8 cyl. to 4 cyl. on the highway, usually about $65 to fill up with a 26 gallon tank. And its a 4x4, love the truck its been good to me so far and im the 2nd owner since 26k miles.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

is that all highway or some stop and go city driving as well?

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
        is that all highway or some stop and go city driving as well?
        Alittle bit of city driving. Mostly highway around 65 mph. Nearest town is 35 miles away , then I do some city driving and come home.
        Last edited by ssms5411; 06-07-2018, 05:44 PM.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

So I just scooped up a 2008 Chevy Colorado 3.7L I5 Crew Cab 4x4 Truck - I pick it up next Wednesday....From what I gather they are supposed to be very fuel efficient - so we'll have to see! Trying to see if I can download a tune on hp tuners and see what I have access too...

Comment

Nice, Hptuners repository is down, do to their new website, they say they might add it on in the future though. Whats it look like? Post some pics.
            Last edited by ssms5411; 06-12-2018, 01:44 PM.

Comment

I only have the dealer pics right now until I get it next Wednesday... I kinda like the fiberglass tunnel cover - kind of don't...not sure if I will keep it or sell it and get a trifold which would be more practical

Chevy Colorado Crew Cab

Click image for larger version

Name:	10c7a9fb-ffea-4238-94e8-53f27af2622c.jpg
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	1571994

Comment

I like it, youll like the cover come winter, when you don't get snow in the bed. I like mine since i carry all my camping stuff and when i go shooting i can lock my guns and ammo in it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                  Hello everyone!
                  by Andy H
                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                  3 weeks ago
                • 3.4 slow to go
                  hey there strangers!
                  by 3.4 slow to go
                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X