Looking forward to seeing my bird again - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking forward to seeing my bird again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking forward to seeing my bird again

After so long it's finally coming home to me. I'm just nervous because I live in an apartment complex. My car is going to be the only one that's pristine.

I have so much plan for this car.
    Attached Files

I like it, yeah definitely keep a eye on it. Hate to say it but people like messing with good looking cars. Does it have alarm? When i had a townhouse it was outdoor parking, no garage. I had a alarm on mine and no one messed with it for 5 years. I hope yours does the same.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I hope so too. Back then before I moved back with my parents I would find my car cover removed and on the ground. I sometimes see those Gardner's putting their edge trimmer on top of my hood. I sometimes see kids playing around my car and sitting on it. Sucks to live in an apartment.

Comment

Still clean - can't wait to see it back on the road...what's the plan?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
        1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

First I may need to replace the fuel pump. The pressure is really low. I need to replace the impeller, bearing and belt on the supercharger, I need to redesign the SC tensioner bracket because pulley is grinding in those 2 coolant hose cap. Which doesn't allow me to tighten the belt any more. I'll post a pic of it tomorrow.

For the mods. I would like to get a tuning software so I change the injectors and cam. Right now the car is on soft tune.

I would like to see this bird running reliably on 10psi.

I would like to upgrade the brakes and suspension as well.

Right now I only have one set of keys. My parents lost my spare. Do you guys have any idea how much this would cost.

Comment

For keys maybe $20 at the dealer. I had a spare made at Ace hardware and it was like $10 but it wore out quick and if I try and use it the security light comes on sometimes so I would just go to the dealer.
            Last edited by ssms5411; 01-25-2018, 01:09 PM.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
              Right now I only have one set of keys. My parents lost my spare. Do you guys have any idea how much this would cost.
              I spent $32 each from the dealer yesterday for simple keys for my pick-up :(
              <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

With the resistor in them they can be quite expensive- if you bypass vats you can probably get a $5 key cut

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Last year I spent $20 for a key for the Camaro, and I spent $45 a key for my 2008 truck at the dealer, not too bad since theyll last longer than cheap Ace hardware ones. Its hard for me to get a key since my vin # doesnt match my steering column, installed a 2002 camaro column years ago and dont remember the vin it came off of.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                    Hello everyone!
                    by Andy H
                    Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                    2 weeks ago
                  • 3.4 slow to go
                    hey there strangers!
                    by 3.4 slow to go
                    been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                    3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X