Where to find 3.8 crank bolt and cam bolt - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to find 3.8 crank bolt and cam bolt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to find 3.8 crank bolt and cam bolt

Cant find them any where tried zzp and all parts places, they say its been discontinued. Thanks for any help.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Really? p/n 24504736 95 - 97auto

https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-GM-Bo.../dp/B000Q961IU

https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-pa...-bolt-24504736

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-G...-/361473486341

p/n 24506341 97manual - 02 Discontinued

And I "upgraded" to the 97-02 pulley and bolt
    Last edited by FirebirdGT; 11-24-2017, 08:50 PM.
    Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Thanks Robert, my part# wasn't the same, I got one ordered, now Im good doing the ST5 cam install.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

What was the p/n you were looking for?

Raven

Comment

Maybe I should go with a 97' balancer while Im at it.

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdGT View Post
            What was the p/n you were looking for?
            The part number I had was 11509699 or something like that, got it off the 93-02 parts manual.

Comment

Won't find one - the 97MT - 02 balancer and bolt are discontinued. GM used the 95-97AT balancer and bolt on all other 3.8L up to 2005 - so you can find them new.

Raven

Comment

I gave you the crank bolt for 96 - you need the cam bolt too?

Raven

Comment

camshaft sprocket bolt p/n 24501366

Raven

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdGT View Post
                    camshaft sprocket bolt p/n 24501366
                    Thanks again. Got them ordered.
                    Last edited by ssms5411; 11-24-2017, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Hey Robert , where do you get your part numbers from?, the parts manual I have sucks.LOL

Comment

Cause I have the complete GM parts manuals (pdf) for both the 4th gen Firebirds (2247 pages) and Camaros (1395 pages), and some 3rd Gen, and the GM shop manuals for 96 (hard copy and pdf) and 97 (hard copy) F-bodys. :)

Raven

Comment

Wow, I know where I can get part#'s from now.lol

Comment

Just compared part #s from ZZP the part numbers are the same for the crank and cam bolt. And its cheaper to order from ZZP.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3.4 slow to go
                              hey there strangers!
                              by 3.4 slow to go
                              been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                              11 hours ago
                            • ssms5411
                              Had to get another phone
                              by ssms5411
                              Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                              1 week ago
                            • ssms5411
                              Leaking front cover
                              by ssms5411
                              So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                              2 weeks ago
                            • transamtom1
                              Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                              by transamtom1
                              Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                              3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X