Stop being busy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop being busy!

If you got family or friends that you keep meaning to go see - relationships you keep meaning to mend. Stop being busy and go do it/see them...don't wait for tomorrow...go do it today. Make time and stop using the excuse that you don't have the time or the energy.

Last week in a span of 32 hours I lost 2/3 biggest hero's in my life...both my Grandfathers. One was semi expected with declining health, one was a sudden brain annuerism while working on the plumbing under the kitchen sink. My biggest regret was for the past while I kept putting off going to see them, I was too busy, too tired, too lazy, too whatever...I had stories to tell them I didn't get to say because who the hell thinks they won't be around tomorrow...gone, instantly, as quick as a blink of an eye and as hard hitting as a shitty phone call.

I give advice to people all the time about cars, marketing, tools, sports, etc...so I am giving a new piece of advice to people today that is cliche but after spending this week at the same cemetery twice I don't care - forget being busy...forget some stupid fight you had that in the grand scheme of things is meaningless...forget feeling lazy...make an effort to talk to and see those that mean something to you more often and everyday if you can.

Today in the world of technology and taking work home with us...answering emails well after work hours - we've lost / are losing sight of what is important - family/friends/kids...those around us won't be around forever and life is really short - at any moment it can be gone in a snap.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Sorry to hear that Mike, and your right about getting the time to go see a loved one.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Sorry for your loss - I lost my mom last year, and my grandma a few months ago. You really get an appreciation for the limited time you have left with the people that have always been a part of your life. :(
      <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

I can definitely relate to you.

So sorry for your loss.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
          Had to get another phone
          by ssms5411
          Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
          1 week ago
        • ssms5411
          Leaking front cover
          by ssms5411
          So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
          2 weeks ago
        • transamtom1
          Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
          by transamtom1
          Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
          3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X