Car Insurance Write Offs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Insurance Write Offs

I figured I'd share this here with everyone, it was an article I just did and posted on my other website as a guide on how to deal with insurance companies when they write your car off. I figured it may be especially useful for anyone in Texas with all the flooding and what not down there as well.

Basically long story short thanks to the city refusing to listen to us about the diseased trees in the front (on their property)...our front tree fell and crushed one of our cars a few months ago and totaled it (not the Camaro!). They then continued not to listen to us and of course the other week the second half of the same tree fell and crushed our other car also totaling it - so we've had two lovely insurance claims in the span of a couple of months and of course as you know most insurance companies aren't in the business to lose money, so they almost always try to pay out a lower price than the true market value of the car.

Anyways this was a 5 step process in how we got the market value for the cars and figured it would help more than a few people out there that may be in a write off situation:

Article: What to know if insurance is writing off your car

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Sorry to hear that Mike, at least it wasn't the Camaro, I like the info., makes me wish I kept more receipts on the Camaro.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

It's never too late to start Steve!

The positive of the whole thing is I have found another reason to write something to help more people

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
      1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
        Had to get another phone
        by ssms5411
        Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
        1 week ago
      • ssms5411
        Leaking front cover
        by ssms5411
        So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
        2 weeks ago
      • transamtom1
        Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
        by transamtom1
        Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
        3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X