What did you do today, on your car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did you do today, on your car

I did my water pump on my Camaro. Not hard at all to do, less than a hour to do. Just need to bleed the coolant tomorrow after it sits overnight.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

I took the T-Tops off to go get some beer & chips - does that count? :cool:
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

I got the fuel pump finally done... and now I need to retune since the car is so rich now lol

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
      1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by sac2165 View Post
        I took the T-Tops off to go get some beer & chips - does that count? :cool:
        It sure does, pass some beer this way.lol
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
          I got the fuel pump finally done... and now I need to retune since the car is so rich now lol
          Which fuel pump did you go with Mike? I love my Walbro 255, 15 years no problems.

Comment

I went with the Racetronix one which is a modified walbro...for the LS1 you have to modify the bucket (maybe the v6 99+ cars too?) and with the racetronix one you do not and it is supposed to be better that way.

Was a pain in the *** compared to the racetronix one I did on the 3800. I swear I miss working on that car so much...I'll never cuss not having room on one of those cars ever again...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
            1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Yeah, on mine i ditched the bucket, just used hose clamps. Pre-98 is much easier.

Comment

I did the racetronix on my 98 but my return line is too small for my carbed sbc swap so now I'm going to repurpose the evap line as a second return line

Comment

Nice any pics of the swap? Was it harder to do then a ls1 swap?

Comment

Camaro https://imgur.com/gallery/81IRC

https://youtu.be/s2Kyq-ju-K4

That's all I have. Most of my pictures were on my previous phone that gave up the ghost.

I can't say if it was easier or harder. I would imagine a little harder because of the lack of room and me trying to get the factory gauges working, and continue to use the AC.

I still have to make my cowl hood and cut the cowl for the carb so I can run an air cleaner. I could only do minimal cutting because I wanted this to be a street legal car and I needed to keep the wipers.

Comment

Thats a nice setup, looks good in there.which k member did you use?

Comment

Well - it was the middle of July - but:

Replaced the oil pan, gasket and sender
                        Replaced K-member with conv model
                        Replaced lower and upper front control arms with new bushings and ball joints
                        Replaced bent left spindle
                        Installed LT steering rack w/ new tie rod ends
                        Installed conv Trans brace and tunnel brace
                        Installed rear LCA re-location brackets
                        Installed RKSport lip spoiler

Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                          Thats a nice setup, looks good in there.which k member did you use?
                          I used the umi k member and the umi torque arm relocation for the 4l60.

I didn't know that the 4l60e and 700r4 had different mounting points so I had to modify it a bit. I also had to modify it to clear my off road y pipe.

I cleaned up the engine bay a bit since those pictures but it's still the same idea. I bought the PCM connectors so I can make my own custom wiring harness and get rid of the multiple connectors that I'm not using

Comment

My dad took them out of the garage because he is having the garage door replaced.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
                              My dad took them out of the garage because he is having the garage door replaced.
                              Looking good.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                10 hours ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Had to get another phone
                                by ssms5411
                                Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                                1 week ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Leaking front cover
                                by ssms5411
                                So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • transamtom1
                                Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                                by transamtom1
                                Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X