Camaro discussion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camaro discussion!

What do you all love and hate about your Camaro's? New or old- 1st gen through 6th gen and Firebirds included....annnnnnnd go!...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

I don't like the overall look of the new Camaros (sorry) lol the challenger looks alot better front end wise. Thats what my next vehicle will be is a challenger . On my year I'm so use to it , theres not much to complain about since I've replaced everything on it.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

It took me a bit but the front ends really grew on me... the 6th gens especially I am in love with the front end.
      for the 4th gens I don't like:
      • That damn engine bracket location
      • weak rear end
      • the flip flop between double flare and bubble flare brake lines
      • less pcm tuning ability compared to the v8 counterpart
      what I do like is:
      • overall look
      • performance
      • the ability to be somewhat of a "sleeper" with the v6
      • the sound of straight pipes on it
      • Part interchangeability
      For the new camaros I really like the numbers the motors are putting down. They are very comparable to the LS1 and are very respectable... a few mods and those things will turn some serious numbers. I would love to see a few serious turbo builds, some charger builds and some straight nitrous guys like we used to have here with the 4th gens and really see these things put to the test. I wouldn't be overly suprised to see a bunch running around blasting 11's in the quarter

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
      1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Back in the day, the 200 HP stock seemed pretty good for a V6. Now it seems anything with 200 HP is badged eco.

I also don't like how far the front end sticks out and nails parking blocks & curbs.
        <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

Love the body style of the 4th gen overall, but I how the engine bay is almost inaccessible. I wish it was more like the 3rd gen. I have been in a new camaro a couple of times. Don't like the bunker style dash. Styling is nice, but still prefer the 4th gen.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
            Had to get another phone
            by ssms5411
            Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
            1 week ago
          • ssms5411
            Leaking front cover
            by ssms5411
            So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
            2 weeks ago
          • transamtom1
            Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
            by transamtom1
            Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
            3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X