Tales from the shop... Ughhh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tales from the shop... Ughhh

So, we're on day 3 for installing my SLP Takeoff Zexel Torsen LSD I bought in 2002. Dude called last night and said we need more parts, would need an adapter to override the ABS light & etc... I printed off internet instructions and took them in this morning - I think a light bulb went off in his head and his eyes got real big, "OHHHHHH That Makes Sense..."

I forgot to look at the fenders to see if they were pushed out two inches from using the wrong lift point....

I'm hoping my car doesn't come back all jacked up.

<a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Its hard to find a good mechanic these days. Yeah i hope your fenders are good. Yeah i keep a spare diff. too along with other parts.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
      Its hard to find a good mechanic these days. Yeah i hope your fenders are good. Yeah i keep a spare diff. too along with other parts.
      I've now got one - Prescott Hot Rods

http://prescotthotrods.com/

Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

he means he needs a press to put the ring gear onto posi? lol Day 3 on a Posi install is scary unless he is only working an hour at a time...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
        1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Got the car back yesterday - they only charged me $100 for the LSD swap and they cleaned & boxed the open diff for me. I think he spent two days scouring the internet to find the adapter he thought he needed.

I really, really liked this shop; looks like the previous manager found a much better job. With this shop, I could roll in, the manager would know my name and would drop what he was doing for quick work. Usually, anything that took under 15 minutes, he wouldn't charge me.

The best part, If I asked him if he could do something, he would actually give me honest feedback and point me to a different shop if he thought they could do a better, or less expensive job.

Comment

Nice, cant beat a 100 bucks. How do you like the new diff? Now do you have a posi? What gears did you go with? Are you a a4 or m5?
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
              Nice, cant beat a 100 bucks. How do you like the new diff? Now do you have a posi? What gears did you go with? Are you a a4 or m5?
              I left a small burnout in front of my neighbor's house, so I think its working. Beyond that, I really can't tell a difference. I kept my original 3.42 gears, with A4. I needed the A/C fixed, and was tired of tripping over the LSD that I've had for 15 years.

The car will probably go to my daughter so I'll probably keep the speed mods to a minimum if her driving is as good as mine was when I was 16.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                Hello everyone!
                by Andy H
                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                2 weeks ago
              • 3.4 slow to go
                hey there strangers!
                by 3.4 slow to go
                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X