Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what's everybody been up too

Any update on your Fbody V6?

I went to visit my parents at Cali and checked out my Fbodies.

My 4th gen. I took the battery to Autozone and have them recharge it. I haven't driven it since January. He fired up right away. I tend to forget the car is fast.

The 3rd gen. I had to change the trunk release motor. The automatic driver side window is broken. So I'm going to have to fix that next time. The heat cracked the wind shield. Other than that it still runs good.

I'm hoping next year I can bring them home with me.

So what about you guys.

Re: So what's everybody been up too

Nothing new here , will finally have my car fixed next month hopefully. That's about it will be nice to drive it again after 4 years.lol
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
      Nothing new here , will finally have my car fixed next month hopefully. That's about it will be nice to drive it again after 4 years.lol
      What's being done to it. Are you going to install the turbo in once you have it.

Comment

Doing the headgaskets and maybe cam, will see how it runs when I get it back. I want to do the fff headers for the turbo so it's going to be awhile. Have to do t-tops and ls1 front brake upgrade first.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
          Doing the headgaskets and maybe cam, will see how it runs when I get it back. I want to do the fff headers for the turbo so it's going to be awhile. Have to do t-tops and ls1 front brake upgrade first.
          http://www.hawksmotorsports.com/brac...sion-brackets/

You should use these brackets and do a C5 front brake swap.

Comment

Originally posted by techsan23 View Post
            http://www.hawksmotorsports.com/brac...sion-brackets/

You should use these brackets and do a C5 front brake swap.
            Already have the ls1 parts to do the swap, but I might look into the C5s , thanks.

Comment

Well first I sold my Daily Driver 4 years ago my Firebird Y87/W68 and picked up a 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS.

Then last week I sold my 99 TA that I had for 5 years.

So for the first time since the Fall of 95 I don't own a 4th Gen.

And for the first time since 1989 I do not own a TA or Firebird.

Comment

TA hasnt moved in a year, no urge to drive it anymore let alone work on it, probably going to sell it at this point. no time to screw with it anymore between work and having another kid on the way.

hate to do it, but ive lost interest in it and its going to waste sitting here at this point. id rather find a buyer with a plan to build and race the wheels off it

it'll be a sad day, ive had an fbody for 17 years but its feeling like its time to let go and move on (for a while anyways)
                Last edited by vanbibber; 08-03-2016, 09:39 PM.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                Or this

Comment

it happens... sold the 78 and the 461 that was going in it. will i get another bird? most likely but down the road and if 4th gen gen then def with t-tops, dont like almost being decapitated getting in em
                  1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
                  2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
                  94 comero 3.4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                    Hello everyone!
                    by Andy H
                    Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                    2 weeks ago
                  • 3.4 slow to go
                    hey there strangers!
                    by 3.4 slow to go
                    been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                    2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X