Camaro camping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camaro camping

I love taking my Camaro into the woods and the funny looks I get when I pull up at a gas station with a canoe strapped to my roof are priceless. Very happy I put the LSD in last fall - has made a big difference in getting to hiking trail heads, swimming holes and camp sites. Also get a few looks when I pull up at a ski mountain in the winter (LSD should also help here - need a roof rack as not many boards fit inside).

Anyone else like to do non traditional activities in their F-body?

Attached Files
    Last edited by MegaHertz; 08-05-2012, 12:09 PM. Reason: Img embed and formatting
    96 White M5 Camaro. Manual everything. Magnaflow cat, dynomax dual outlet axle back. Swapped to a disc rear with 3.42s and a torsen differential, kyb gr2 rear shocks, moog rear endlinks.

Re: Camaro camping

Looks pretty funny. Nice canoe.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Get a truck. That looks asinine, and can be considered unlawful in some states.
      1995 Pontiac Firebird
      2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

The bird's been put into duty alongside the pickup come the occasional apartment change. It's also squeezed 5 people for a few nights out. That's about it.

Comment

Nice!
          Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
          nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
          2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
          2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Nothing wrong with that. People get too pissy when they see a car do what is traditionally thought for a truck or jeep.

Comment

Gone camping with the bird a time or two.I've put a lot of stuff in mine, but can't strap anything to the roof with a rag top. Nice job.

Comment

Eh, my camaro is a winter car too. I put a LSD in it specifically for that, along with snow tires. It's awesome.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

http://www.google.com/search?q=ponti...w=1311&bih=684

old skool

from link above

1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
                  2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
                  94 comero 3.4

Comment

Best believe I do some non traditional things in mine. We get Christmas trees every year with them.

This year its the Chickens turn again.

Comment

I've been to campgrounds all around Florida in my Firebird, from the forests of Fort Clinch in the northeast corner of Florida, to Fort deSoto at the mouth of Tampa Bay in the Gulf of Mexico, to Key Biscayne to Camp Sawyer near Bahia Honda in the Florida Keys to Everglades National Park to Tomoka State Park in Ormond Beach to Oleta River State Park in Miami to Lake Kissimmee State Park to Camp La No Che in Paisley to Camp Oklawaha in Sebastian to Camp Tanah Keeta in Tequesta to Camp Dark Hammock in Okeechobee to Fort Wilderness at Walt Disney World to Camp Flaming Arrow to Highlands Hammock State Park to Caloosahatchee River Park to Myakka River State Park to Fort Pierce Inlet State Park to Spanish River Park in Boca Raton to a bunch of other camps and forests and many places in between.

The ground effects have been knocked loose a few times driving off-road, but generally no big deal - just lots of fun.
                      I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                      CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                      FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                        Hello everyone!
                        by Andy H
                        Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                        3 weeks ago
                      • 3.4 slow to go
                        hey there strangers!
                        by 3.4 slow to go
                        been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                        3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X