I've been gone for awhile... [Large Pics] - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've been gone for awhile... [Large Pics]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been gone for awhile... [Large Pics]

So I decided to stop in and see what's up with everyone.

Quick summary. I know I've posted about some of this online before.
    I no longer have an F-body. At all.... :(

My 98 Firebird V6 M5 ended up dying at 220k or so. Then I got a 96 Formula M6. It was loaded with the 3.42 and LSD even. My last run in it was a 13.56 in the 1/4 mile and ended up married with a bunch of kids. It was sitting for awhile while I drove my beater truck back and forth to work 40 miles away. Eventually I broke down as I watched it slowly run itself into the ground and I sold it for $3800...My truck over heated and my buddy at Jeff Schmitt Chevy hooked me up with a $0 down car with a quick sale.

I got her with 90k on the odometer, it was a highway car as well. Performance-wise the car was bone-stock when I first got it. It only had a window tint job on.

Current Mod list to date (as of 07/30/2012)

Engine Performance
    Custom Cold Air Intake
    Custom Cat-back exhaust
    180 Degree T-stat
    Modded Throttle-Body
    ACCEL Plug Wires [ For appearance and was $20 cheaper than replacements ]
    Re-Located Intake Air Temp sensor [ With the filter ]
    90 Degree flipped motor mounts

Appearance
    Tinted Headlights/Foglights/Taillights
    Plasti-Dipped Rims
    Painted Engine cover
    Painted Mesh grill
    Painted Grill emblem

2005 Impala LS Sport

The day I got it.

Stock engine bay, This picture was taken because I painted the engine cover. It was a nasty beige color.

Plasti-Dipped rims

Re: I've been gone for awhile... [Large Pics]

Current Engine bay picture. The CAI is a custom intake. You can see HALF of the filter in this pic. The other half is shoved into the fender, where air comes up from the airdam below and the filter is behind the headlight airduct where factory air comes into the fenderwell.

Freshly washed. I have half my custom cat-back that I designed on it as you can see the tip.

Tinted tail lights

Comment

Tinted head lights and fog lights. These pics started looking grainy because it was getting dark outside.

With the lights on. Yes my grill is blacked out too.

Comment

Your car looks slick man. Have you considered suspension upgrades? It would look awesome lower imo.

Comment

Yeah, When I get more money and the suspension starts to go, I'm getting the L67's KYB struts/coils direct bolt ins. It already has the struts/coils assembled, and it will lower the car 1.7-2" I believe. One of my best friend has a 91 regal that's in the high 12's with the L67 swap. All I need is a machined lower intake and he has a whole L67 top end swap for me, minus a few odds and ends, for cheap and I will be taking the car to Mike Milzy to have him tune it.

I'm just not rushing it all and doing it overtime haha. I want it to be decently quick enough to burn some rice, but still be my DD.

Comment

Welcome back to the 3800 V6.

Comment

I donno I wouldn't boost that L36 bottom. I know its not much, but I would be nervous. IM all for droppin that thing, and putting a GT2 in it...

Comment

Originally posted by LastCallKillIt View Post
                I donno I wouldn't boost that L36 bottom. I know its not much, but I would be nervous. IM all for droppin that thing, and putting a GT2 in it...
                Why not? The 05 3800 series II is actually a series III from the heads down. Meaning it has the powdered forged rods. Factory N/A's can handle a Bit of boost, more than I am going to put through the motor. No reason to be nervous lol, L36 vs L67 compression wise isn't a whole lot different. Complete stock L67 top end on an L36 will have the L36 producing roughly 5% more power than the stock L67 due to compression differences.

Comment

There's a low 11 sec. L36 Monte at 3800performance.com with a blower. Absolutely a stock engine.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
                    There's a low 11 sec. L36 Monte at 3800.com with a blower. Absolutely a stock engine.
                    +1

Don't quote me, but IIRC the stock 3800 internals can handle quite bait of power. 400-500 or so. Whereas the transmission would go out before the actual motor be ause 4t65's are rated for 300ish and 4t65HD a little more.

Comment

I donno, I just wouldn't do it. Just me.

Comment

I donno, I just wouldn't do it. Just me.
                        It's been done several times before. A top swap is less work then swapping heads and a can, which means less to go wrong in this case.
                        Last edited by pace2006; 08-01-2012, 10:13 PM.
                        '99 Camaro
                        '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
                        '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

So has mild GT2 cam builds, and look where mine is lol

Comment

So has mild GT2 cam builds, and look where mine is lol
                            I've helped with one build that is running 13.32@103mph.

Rough tuning estimates its pushing 350-360hp/440-450ftlbs on 14.7psi.

No traction whatsoever, 13.32 is on street tires and swapped into a 91 Buick Regal.

Comment

Looks cool
                              Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                              nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                              2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                              2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                Had to get another phone
                                by ssms5411
                                Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                                1 week ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Leaking front cover
                                by ssms5411
                                So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • transamtom1
                                Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                                by transamtom1
                                Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X