Shift points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shift points

What will me engine be SAFE to spin up to?

GT2 cam, comp oe lifters (not the oe-r's), comp hi-tech push rods, comp rocker bolts and arp head studs.

Re: Shift points

I would say 6100-6200 you'll be fine. What lb spings you running 105lb?
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
      I would say 6100-6200 you'll be fine. What lb spings you running 105lb?
      Yeah forgot to say, 105#. My pcmforless tune only had me a 5700 last time. Planning on a street tune this time and I dont want my tuner going too crazy on them lol

Comment

You'll be good at 6200, most newer 3.8's have it set at 6000 . I tuned a 00' Firebird 3.8 with the GT2 cam and it went pretty well. I bumped the rev limiter and added a few degress of timing up top , seemed to work very well. Also added extra fuel throughout the rpms. I would add a wideband O2 sensor to be safe.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
          You'll be good at 6200, most newer 3.8's have it set at 6000 . I tuned a 00' Firebird 3.8 with the GT2 cam and it went pretty well. I bumped the rev limiter and added a few degress of timing up top , seemed to work very well. Also added extra fuel throughout the rpms. I would add a wideband O2 sensor to be safe.
          Yeah the guy who's gonna be tuning it said he uses a wide band. JusTune is gonna tune it, he's supposed to be the man around here with LS/ LT's. Im sure he can handle a 3.8.
          Last edited by LastCallKillIt; 07-25-2012, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Man that just seems high lol

The ZZP site has this on both the Comp OE-R lifters and LS7 lifters- "These lifters are almost required for any 3800 car shifting above 6000rpm because they help with the typical 5600rpm dip".

Sure its safe to go that high on just Comp OE's? Im so retarded for not buying the LS7 lifters, but I hear GM uses those in like everything now. Anyway of knowing when exactly they started? This engine is 2006 L26, I wonder if it already has those lifters and I could return the Comps.

Edit

Just emailed ZZ, that wasn't much help- "Hard to say. Stock balancer isn’t rated over 6k rpm but people still rev past that. SFI balancer would be needed to be completely safe"
            Last edited by LastCallKillIt; 07-25-2012, 11:18 AM.

Comment

I think you'll be safe.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3.4 slow to go
                hey there strangers!
                by 3.4 slow to go
                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                10 hours ago
              • ssms5411
                Had to get another phone
                by ssms5411
                Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                1 week ago
              • ssms5411
                Leaking front cover
                by ssms5411
                So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                2 weeks ago
              • transamtom1
                Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                by transamtom1
                Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X