Hey GreatSchlotsky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey GreatSchlotsky

This was the fate of your heads if you ever wondered.

http://www.camarozone.com/forum/f16/...y-bird-177228/

Re: Hey GreatSchlotsky

Dang dude, sorry to hear that. When I first started reading I was worried the heads caused the havoc. Sounds like you're getting her back on track though, even if the build is not what you had first hoped for. Good luck with the FINAL build, and sorry to hear things haven't worked out too well so far. Third time's a charm, right? ;)
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky View Post
      Dang dude, sorry to hear that. When I first started reading I was worried the heads caused the havoc. Sounds like you're getting her back on track though, even if the build is not what you had first hoped for. Good luck with the FINAL build, and sorry to hear things haven't worked out too well so far. Third time's a charm, right? ;)
      Yeah thats what were hopin' for did you watch the clip with your heads on it? It sounded ****ing sick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ_2qVUDi6w

Here was the second time around without your heads.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRzjf...4&feature=plcp

Sorry this happened to them, they were built really well.
      Last edited by LastCallKillIt; 07-09-2012, 03:09 PM.

Comment

I did, yeah. It sounded incredible! That has to be the meanest sounding six I've heard. Even without the heads, the cam lope is awesome.

It's too bad the heads didn't get to see their full potential but they got further than they were getting with me :P
        sigpic
        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Yeah I really wanted to see numbers with them. CincyBird's GT2 cammed car made 220 RWHP with NO head work. I was curious where those heads would put me, guessing 240-250 RWHP range. Still have them, they just need another set of those exhaust valves $$$$$$. THey are starting to rust though.

Comment

Yeah, I think that all would have come together pretty nicely. I finished those heads and was saving for a cam/rockers/pushrods/etc when I totally scrapped the project. If you do ever decide to throw them on, I'd definitely have the guides checked out. They may have gotten some damage from the valves bending. As for the rust, it can't hurt to spray some WD-40 on the bare metal to keep the rust off.
            sigpic
            1996 Chevrolet Camaro
            --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Yeah I was definitely planning to, I originally on the new build was wanting to get them back together but didn't want to pay for the machine shop

Comment

Glad too hear you're not too discouraged. I would be if I were in your shoes. Good luck with your build.

Are those Abbott heads?

Comment

Nope, rebuilt L36 heads 5 angle valve etc....

Comment

Yeah and milled .025" for roughly 9.9:1 compression

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                      Had to get another phone
                      by ssms5411
                      Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                      1 week ago
                    • ssms5411
                      Leaking front cover
                      by ssms5411
                      So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                      2 weeks ago
                    • transamtom1
                      Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                      by transamtom1
                      Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                      3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X