Bought a 1970 chevy truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought a 1970 chevy truck

Hello all! I just recenlty purchased my first classic truck. It's a red 1970 Chevy Stepside C10. Has a 350 V8 with a TH-350. Shortbed. Original 12 bolt rear-end. Recently rebuilt motor. Tranmission was converted from 3-on-the-tree manual to an automatic on the floor. Nice bench seat in the cab and body work kept up to date minus some rust in the sides of the bed and the front inner fenders. Not a perfect paint job but looks clean! LED converted brake lights. Power drum brakes all around. Power Steering. Originally was a medium olive "pea green" color. Bought it from a really nice retired firefighter in Indiana who owned it for 31 years and took good care of her and named her "Ol' Betsy". It even has an old siren and whistle hooked up and a coke bottle opener on the tailgate! I drove it all the way home to NC and it was a nice 12 hour cruise with no problems at all. Only plans for the truck so far is to move the floor shifter up to the column, fix the rust areas and a small transmission leak (just a small hose), maybe paint the center caps silver, and just enjoy driving it!

Here are some photos:

Dave:
    00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
    97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Re: Bought a 1970 chevy truck

I like it! Looks really clean.

Good find
    sigpic
    98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Comment

Nice truck.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Looks like a 2wd?
        Definitely a very gorgeous truck.

Comment

My neighbor has a similar truck to yours, except his is yellow with custom woods as a bedliner. It's definately a show piece.

Congrats.

Comment

It is 2WD thats the difference between a C10 and a K10, Very nice truck.

Comment

Look like a nice truck. If your not already head over to http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/ best site for those trucks
              Last edited by bluex; 06-15-2012, 02:41 AM.

Comment

Excellent :tup:
                <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

nice... that was a good looking model for chevy... Did you think about painting the bumpers body color or chroming them? I think either way they look better than white

Comment

Originally posted by bluex View Post
                    Look like a nice truck. If your not already head over to http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/ best site for those trucks
                    Yep, I'm on there! Thanks.

Originally posted by adrummer02L78 View Post
                    nice... that was a good looking model for chevy... Did you think about painting the bumpers body color or chroming them? I think either way they look better than white
                    Before seeing the truck in person, putting Chrome bumpers on and replacing the sidestep where the spare tire was to a regular one was the first thing I wanted to do. But I've driven it for about 3 weeks now and its all grown on me. I like the white bumpers and side tire. Truck has a lot of character to it. :)
                    Dave:
                    00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
                    97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Very nice!
                      Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                      nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                      2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                      2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Nice truck.

I think that show Trucks on Spike TV just bought a big block for their next project,except they are pulling the BB and going LS.

Comment

Nice truck!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                            Hello everyone!
                            by Andy H
                            Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                            3 weeks ago
                          • 3.4 slow to go
                            hey there strangers!
                            by 3.4 slow to go
                            been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                            3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X