Starting to see less and less...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting to see less and less...

.... decent Fbodies. I'm seeing a lot of the 4th gens in a trashy condition. Both V6 and V8 are turning into 2nd and 3rd gens when it comes into trashy condition. It broke my heart when I saw this 4th gen Camaro's driver side mirror being held together by a duct tape and its clear coat being eaten away.

Re: Starting to see less and less...

But if you're seeing them, they still run. That's gotta count for something.

Comment

Breaks my heart to see the side of my car keyed and put my car into that same state

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
      1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

A lot of these cars are on owner 3/4/5 and up.

Plus you get a lot of kids buying them without a lot of disposable income and they fall into disrepair.

I have seen a couple of TA's owned by women around here and they are being driven into the ground,they are dirty/full of garbage and starting to rust.

Comment

no surprise, the newest one is still a decade old. mine is about to go to stripped down track car status, so that'll be one less good looking one on the road.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
          http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
          Or this

Comment

I wish my 4th gen was in as good shape as my 3rd gen. :p

Speaking of which I did clean up and snap a pic of my 2k

Comment

Watcha talking about? They both look good.

Comment

A buddy of mine said he saw mine a few weeks back and that it still looked top notch. I haven't seen it in months but it looked the last time I did. There's a guy in my complex with a SOM Z28 with Z06 wheels that's kept up real nice. But there are certainly more in poor shape than nice shape.
                sigpic
                1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
                  Watcha talking about? They both look good.
                  The 2k has all kinds of paint issues, and different dings in the back.

I just shined up all the paint around the bad areas. I also reclearcoated the nose with a rattle can. Wheels definitely need to be repainted.

Comment

You wanna talk about 4th gen tragedy? Okay here's the deal: at the entrance to my development (I'm renting in the suburbs now) there's a green early 4th gen Trans Am sitting in a small paved driveway. The tires on this car have been flat for the entire 5 months I've lived here, so it's sitting on its stock rims. I drive past this poor Trans Am every day as it sits beside their house- outside their packed-with-junk garage- with flat tires. Stock rims, nice paint, but the thing hasn't moved an inch in as long as I've lived here. Our winter was mild but I'm certain the tires are now ruined.

Talk about deja vu, there's another early 4th gen trans am less than 2 miles from here in the same situation: decent suburb house (like the other) with a black Firebird sitting in the driveway- again, outside the garage- on all flat tires. This one is black, same deal: good paint, stock rims, flat tires. I've driven past it many times and for awhile there were bags of mulch propped up against it like it were just a big boulder sitting there.

Of our two neighborhoods these are the only 2 cars I've ever seen sitting in the driveway on flat tires, and they've both been that way for at least the last 5 months. It's a damn atrocity. If I had the money I'd have made cash offers on both of them by now, because it's obvious the owners don't care for them anymore. They're not labeled as "For Sale" but they'd probably let them go for super cheap. But alas I am broke. So if anyone happens into the Hagerstown MD area I'll gladly point you toward these Trans Ams.
                    sigpic

Comment

When I bought my car it was a complete basket case and then I dumped in some serious cash and brought it back to life! without me buying it I was certain it was going to the junkyard sooner than later.:work:

Its no shocker though, I'm also seeing a lot of LT1 Vettes in thrashy condition to. The problem with these cars is they don't hold their value and they are well within the price range of kids just getting their first car and if that kid is working at McDonalds you can't expect the car to be in great condition.

I'm happy though. I've always wanted a 4th gen T/A especially the LT1 body style! and if Prices keep coming down like they are now I may end up buying another F-body despite I'm getting into exotics soon. :)

Comment

Originally posted by VF1Skullangel View Post
                        When I bought my car it was a complete basket case and then I dumped in some serious cash and brought it back to life! without me buying it I was certain it was going to the junkyard sooner than later.:work:

Its no shocker though, I'm also seeing a lot of LT1 Vettes in thrashy condition to. The problem with these cars is they don't hold their value and they are well within the price range of kids just getting their first car and if that kid is working at McDonalds you can't expect the car to be in great condition.

I'm happy though. I've always wanted a 4th gen T/A especially the LT1 body style! and if Prices keep coming down like they are now I may end up buying another F-body despite I'm getting into exotics soon. :)
                        I remember back in the 80s the LT1 was a big deal,everyone wanted that package.:banana:

-JIMFIRE

Comment

This whole thread is the reason that my 94 Trans Am sits in the garage and holds it's value... it gets driven like 50-75 miles a year.

Comment

true but i drive my cars to enjoy them, not for the next owner. Like the previous owner of my 3rd gen did.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                              Hello everyone!
                              by Andy H
                              Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                              3 weeks ago
                            • 3.4 slow to go
                              hey there strangers!
                              by 3.4 slow to go
                              been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                              3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X