Dyno Day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dyno Day!

I'll be at the Lane Automotive Car Show in Watervliet, MI Friday and Saturday. I actually work there, so I'll be working both days, but before work on Friday I'll have the car on the Dyno. My time is at ~1:30pm. Preceded by a stock '08 G8 GT, followed by a '95 383 z28, then a '00 SS.

Any predictions? Smooth intake, Had previously been tuned to run on premium but has not been tuned since the headers went on. Long tube headers with cats only, no exhaust. The rest of the exhaust parts won't get here until tomorrow sometime and will not make it on the car before the Dyno/show. Realistically, I think I'd expect 190hp. That doesn't sound too far off does it?
    aka FreedStyle
    Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
    2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Re: Dyno Day!

My guess 175hp/ 200TQ.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

with the LT's and open from the cat, i am guessing 188hp and 205 tq. I feel thats conservative, and you will be closer to 195 than 190, i just play it safe like the price's right.
      Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

dyno jet or mustang dyno?

if its on the jet... probably in the 180s and 210s tq, mustang.. 170s and 200s

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
        http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
        Or this

Comment

With LT and no muffler I think you gained some hp, but lost some tq. So my prediction would be 192rwhp/200rwtq.

Take pics.

Comment

depends if its mustang or dyno jet...I think you can hit over 200hp if you're spinning it to 6200rpm, and so long as you arent seeing any KR from the headers

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
            1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

So far it looks like my prediction is right on with most of you guys. It's a Dynojet 248, has been SAE corrected.
              aka FreedStyle
              Chaddrich Freed

Comment

I'll upload some pics tonight. 195rwhp, 225rwtq. I'm happy with it. :cool:
                aka FreedStyle
                Chaddrich Freed

Comment

Wow, nice #. We were all very close. Congrats on that number.

Comment

Pics from the dyno run here Sorry it took a few days...been way too busy with the car show this past weekend and family stuff going on.

My buddy Max, the one with the z/28 had a camera out there recording video too, I'll see if I can get that from him.
                    aka FreedStyle
                    Chaddrich Freed

Comment

What did you dyno compared to the other cars around you?

Comment

The G8 GT put down 305hp/323tq, I forget the exact numbers, but the z/28 put down 390+/380+. Stroked to 383ci.

Apparently there was a T/A that went a few cars after us that the guy wouldn't let anyone see under the hood. He put out well over 500hp. I've been told he was spraying nitrous, and no turbo/supercharger.
                        aka FreedStyle
                        Chaddrich Freed

Comment

Sounds like it was probably a cheater system. Usually hidden under the lid or something like that.

And at 500whp, I wouldn't be all secretive about it lol! It's not like 500whp is super competitive nowadays, especially when the bottle runs out...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                            Hello everyone!
                            by Andy H
                            Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                            3 weeks ago
                          • 3.4 slow to go
                            hey there strangers!
                            by 3.4 slow to go
                            been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                            3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X