Heights / Not my favorite thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heights / Not my favorite thing

I just got done climbing up on the roof to clean out the dryer vent screen. Later today, I'm going to climb a rock-climbing wall with some Boy Scouts.

I not afraid of heights, but i just don't like it very much. Nevertheless, I've got to put on my best game face and show the boys that the Scoutmaster is enthusiastic about scaling a big ol' rock wall. If I show lack of enthusiasm, what can I expect from a group of young men, many of whom have never done it and may be apprehensive to try something new? If they try it once, most will end up being much more capable than I could ever hope to be.

OK, here I go...

Let's go climb some walls!
    I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
    CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
    FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Re: Heights / Not my favorite thing

Originally posted by Everglades W68 View Post
    I just got done climbing up on the roof to clean out the dryer vent screen. Later today, I'm going to climb a rock-climbing wall with some Boy Scouts.

I not afraid of heights, but i just don't like it very much. Nevertheless, I've got to put on my best game face and show the boys that the Scoutmaster is enthusiastic about scaling a big ol' rock wall. If I show lack of enthusiasm, what can I expect from a group of young men, many of whom have never done it and may be apprehensive to try something new? If they try it once, most will end up being much more capable than I could ever hope to be.

OK, here I go...

Let's go climb some walls!
    Thats great anything to do with the scouts is always rewarding.:rock:

-jimfire

Comment

Re: Heights / Not my favorite thing

We had a great time. I climbed to the top of several walls/ courses. The Scouts did very well.
      I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
      CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
      FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
        Hello everyone!
        by Andy H
        Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
        3 weeks ago
      • 3.4 slow to go
        hey there strangers!
        by 3.4 slow to go
        been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
        3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X