Fourth Ped. Death In Florida this week - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fourth Ped. Death In Florida this week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fourth Ped. Death In Florida this week

ST. PETERSBURG — A St. Petersburg officer driving a police car struck a 48-year-old man in a wheelchair early Sunday morning. The accident occurred around 4:20 a.m. on 38th Avenue near 64th Street.
    The man was transported to St. Petersburg General Hospital where he was pronounced dead

The officer will receive an unpleasant letter from the chief but will be on the job as soon as they find him another squad car to drive.:rant:

By an officer at that. Why doesn't he get manslaughter like the rest of us would? Just because they serve the government doesn't mean they should get special treatment in my opinion. Killing someone is killing someone regardless who does it.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: Fourth Ped. Death In Florida this week

If its a accident where no drugs or alchohol was used and he didn't drive off its considered to be just that, a accident where no tickets or fines are given to him. Although the family can sue him in civil court.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

It happens here all the time. Most of the time its the pedestrian's fault. A lot of them are drunks or elderly people who step out in traffic. The biggest problem around here is the motorist often flees the scene. They said the guy was crossing mid-block, in dark clothes, and the street light was out where he crossed. I can't blame the cop if the guy just went out in front of him.

Comment

We have had 2 kids hit on campus this year alone, and we are a small school. It ridiculous but I agree, it is usually the pedestrian's fault.

Comment

How did the officer hit the guy on a wheelchair? Do you have the full story?

If it's an accident, then it's an accident. It's sad the guy lost his life, but what can you say when it's an accident.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
              How did the officer hit the guy on a wheelchair? Do you have the full story?

If it's an accident, then it's an accident. It's sad the guy lost his life, but what can you say when it's an accident.
              http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...ruiser/1216152

Comment

I've only live around here for 4 months and honestly I can't believe there aren't more detahs. These have got to be some of the worst drivers and dumbest pedestrians I've ever seen. No regard for traffic they just walk right out onto Ulmerton a busy as hell 4-6 lane road. Almost hit a guy today he literally walked into traffic and didn't slow down like he wanted to get hit. No wonder my insurance went up 20%
                Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

Florida is the center of the "stupid, ignorant and senile community" I lived 28 years in Southern and Northern California and never heard of a pedestrian death or accident...for 30 years...pedestrians in CA have priority in all roads, highways etc.
                  you MUST stop your car...period...amen...if a man, woman or child walks out on the road. This tends to stop accidents....Jaywalking is a $60 ticket however.

Comment

Here I thought Phoenix was bad.lol
                    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

In 1998 my sister was driving on Roosevelt Blvd a few blocks east of US 19 when a guy walked in front of her car. He ended up going through her windshield dead in the passenger seat next to her. People always feel bad for the pedestrian but trust me, its traumatizing for the driver also. My sister has to live with that memory the rest of her life.

Comment

That sucks, even though its not their fault they end up having to deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by PalmHarbor View Post
                          Florida is the center of the "stupid, ignorant and senile community" I lived 28 years in Southern and Northern California and never heard of a pedestrian death or accident...for 30 years...pedestrians in CA have priority in all roads, highways etc.
                          you MUST stop your car...period...amen...if a man, woman or child walks out on the road. This tends to stop accidents....Jaywalking is a $60 ticket however.
                          If I'm ever in California, and I see someone dumb enough to walk onto an interstate, I'm going to aim for you. Pedestrians shouldn't be able to walk just anywhere...
                          1995 Pontiac Firebird
                          2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

What's worst is the hit and run and yes, there's a lot of that in Calif.

I wouldn't say that Calif. has the best drivers, on the contrary they are #3 on nation's list as the worst drivers, I think NY was #1.

People in my neighborhood are polite drivers, but ever since the new housing development that's been going on since the mid 90's people from LA and Orange County moved in to my hood and brought their stinking rude bad driving habits with them.
                            Last edited by 2.8 Bird; 02-20-2012, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                              Hello everyone!
                              by Andy H
                              Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                              3 weeks ago
                            • 3.4 slow to go
                              hey there strangers!
                              by 3.4 slow to go
                              been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                              3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X