Thinking about starting a new hobby... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking about starting a new hobby...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about starting a new hobby...

The photo above courtesy of google images.

My father bought his '78 Scout II new in 1978. He owned it until 1998 when he sold it and bought a then, brand new Ford Expedition. I was 13 years old at the time it never really bugged me until recently when I stumbled upon some pictures of it. I remember going to Dale Hollow Lake, pulling the boat, taking road trips to Amish Country, trips to Furrow's hardware. The original color was a light metallic green. In 1987, the Scout had a significant amount of rust and he performed a restoration using new sheet metal. He painted it a 2-tone dark green Ford color w/ a Chrysler gold top and gold Rallye stripes. The interior was a pea green with green and yellow plaid seats. The Scout had its original wheel covers and made an irritating squaling noise in the rear. After he sold it, we used to see it from time to time running around Harrison, OH near our house until it dropped off the planet by 2000. I would just about give anything to find it again, but 10 years have gone by and there is no telling where it is.

Now I'm hooked on IH Scout's. I am searching Craigslist and ebaymotors looking for the perfect Scout II project. Dare I say I want one more than a Olds 442 :cool:

I'm heading out to their house in Indiana this week and will scan the pictures onto the computer so I can share them. In the mean time, I'm going to continue looking...

Re: Thinking about starting a new hobby...

Just a shot in the dark, but if you're looking specifically for your dad's '78 Scout, and you have the VIN, you could probably run a carfax on it and I think it should be able to tell you where the car is registered (if it's still running).
    2001 white Firebird (completely stock)<br /><br />2003 Civic LX sedan for my daily commute. 115 hp (Yes, pathetic, but gets me 36 mpg!)

Comment

love it, go for it
      Robby
      2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 V6

|JET Chip|Flowmaster American Thunder|K&N Intake|BMR STB|Spohn Rear Sway Bar|

http://speed-bros.com/
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crazygrrrl View Post
        Just a shot in the dark, but if you're looking specifically for your dad's '78 Scout, and you have the VIN, you could probably run a carfax on it and I think it should be able to tell you where the car is registered (if it's still running).
        Thats the problem, he threw out the remaining paperwork on it years ago. He gave me access to his files and I haven't been able to come up with anything except an AAMOCO receipt for a transmission rebuild in which the VIN wasn't documented.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
          Hello everyone!
          by Andy H
          Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
          3 weeks ago
        • 3.4 slow to go
          hey there strangers!
          by 3.4 slow to go
          been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
          3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X