Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best $20 I spent on a car....

Originally posted by Docta View Post
    Why does my car not say Camaro behind the grill? Its off, and just has a blank piece of plastic..
    wrecked and aftermarket repair piece?

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th View Post
      Apartment.:cry:
      booo.... I gave that up years ago... Much better ever since.

Comment

Very nice. Not too shabby at all.

Lounge Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by DAS BOOT View Post
          wrecked and aftermarket repair piece?
          Carfax came back clean when I got it, and I didn't do it. Maybe they didn't report it? I 'unno..

Comment

My hood is peeling, I'm thinking I'm going to have to try this. I'm guessing it will take more than 2 cans, but at least I wouldn't have to mask anything. Great Post!!
            96 White M5 Camaro. Manual everything. Magnaflow cat, dynomax dual outlet axle back. Swapped to a disc rear with 3.42s and a torsen differential, kyb gr2 rear shocks, moog rear endlinks.

Comment

how did you get the clearcoat not to look hazy/milky. i did this to a trunk today and the clear looks milky idk what to do. also what type of clear you use?

Comment

Wet sand and rubbing compound... I did it on my car tonight and it matches up perfectly

Comment

Duplicolor "top shelf" or "top coat" something like that. I got it from Advanced auto.

Did you follow the instructions... light base, wait like 10 min, light 2nd coat, then get heavier?

I had nearly ideal "paint weahter" it was like 70, and dry out.

My clearcoat finish doesn't match the rest of my car, it is a littl emore orangepeely, but not bad, actually alot better then most Macco jobs.

As suggested, I would trying and wetsand it and try rubbing compound.

Comment

i wetsanded today and it looks better now i just need to buffer it out. it doesnt look new but it looks better then the blubbled up chipping clearcoat did.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaHertz View Post
                      My hood is peeling, I'm thinking I'm going to have to try this. I'm guessing it will take more than 2 cans, but at least I wouldn't have to mask anything. Great Post!!
                      Hope you're planning on removing the hood! Otherwise it will still get everywhere.

Das Boot, looks good. Wish that would work for my car. Stupid clear coat being in tact...
                      <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Yes if I find the time to do this I will remove the hood so i will be able to spray it without getting clear coat over everything else.
                        96 White M5 Camaro. Manual everything. Magnaflow cat, dynomax dual outlet axle back. Swapped to a disc rear with 3.42s and a torsen differential, kyb gr2 rear shocks, moog rear endlinks.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                          Hello everyone!
                          by Andy H
                          Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                          3 weeks ago
                        • 3.4 slow to go
                          hey there strangers!
                          by 3.4 slow to go
                          been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                          3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X