Yeaaa, got me an 6.5hp dual stage 60 gallon air compressor. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yeaaa, got me an 6.5hp dual stage 60 gallon air compressor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeaaa, got me an 6.5hp dual stage 60 gallon air compressor.

Now I can finally inflate those tires without the bicycle pump.

Craigslist is awesome (provided your not being conned out of the deed to your house and unborn children).

Any recommendations as what my first airtools should be? So far I've picked up a tire inflator and a 1/2 inch HF special earthquake impact gun. (I hate chineese tools, but it seems there's not a lot of choice for air tools).

I figure a nice 3/8 inch and a 1/4 inch air ratchet and a blow gun will be next along with some impact sockets and extensions (torn between Northern tool impact socket sets (chineese, but seem to be rated extrordinarily well) and Craftsman (USA, easy lifetime warranty, but 3 times the price)).

Any suggestions on what you guys with air tools use the most or find the most helpful?

Re: Yeaaa, got me an 6.5hp dual stage 60 gallon air compressor.

I use my grinder and my drill the most. If Im drilling anything heavy the air drill stays cool, and Im constantly putting a cut-off wheel or something on the grinder.

Comment

a nice impact gun and air ratchet with some sockets and your good to go!
      Dave:
      00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
      97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

i dont think craftsman air tools have a lifetime warranty??

Comment

Originally posted by cam98aro View Post
          i dont think craftsman air tools have a lifetime warranty??
          Well I think your pretty close to right. The air tools come with a limited warranty (just like their other power tools), but the impact sockets and accessories come with a lifetime warranty, at least from what I can tell from looking online. But I was thinking the same thing you were, so I suppose I'd have to take a look at the packaging to really confirm that.

Comment

Tech, dmw... I think I'll add a grinder and an air ratchet to my wish list of next to purchase tools. Definitly see thier utility for maintenence I've got an electric and cordless drill, so I think I'll hold off on that for now.

Unless others chime in, I guess I'll just wait and see what kinds of projects pop up that justify buying tools for.

Comment

Originally posted by landj View Post
              Unless others chime in, I guess I'll just wait and see what kinds of projects pop up that justify buying tools for.
              good way to go about it!
              Dave:
              00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
              97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3.4 slow to go
                hey there strangers!
                by 3.4 slow to go
                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                8 hours ago
              • ssms5411
                Had to get another phone
                by ssms5411
                Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                1 week ago
              • ssms5411
                Leaking front cover
                by ssms5411
                So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                2 weeks ago
              • transamtom1
                Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                by transamtom1
                Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X