Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Imported From Detroit

Originally posted by Jtels2593 View Post
    The commercial was intense, but the 200 looks like a rebadged Sebring.

Commercial = Pass.
    Car = Epic Fail.
    Have you seen the interior ????

I sat in all the new Chrysler products at the NAIAS and I am impressed. Its obvious it's based on the Sebring but they have changed A LOT.
    In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
    2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

I have seen a couple of interior pics on google. I'll admit that it looks rather nice.. but it still looks like a Sebring.

Comment

I have seen a couple of interior pics on google. I'll admit that it looks rather nice.. but it still looks like a Sebring.
        They're both a Chrysler product, I would think it resembled a Sebring at some point. That and the fact its replacing the Sebring. But its a Chrysler, its GOING to have some sort of look as it did in the past to another car. GM was notorious for it, Ford did it, Chrysler is no different.
        1995 Pontiac Firebird
        2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

When I saw the new Chrysler emblem I thought "Oh cool Aston Martin is going main stream" "Oh wait":rant:

Comment

Originally posted by Bird_Of_Prey View Post
            You assclowns know that Chrysler is owned by Fiat now, right? It's about as American as borscht.
            It may be true that they bought part of the company but the vehicls are still made in the us. No one said anything about who owned the company, just that it is made in our country. So before you jump in calling people stupid names read what we are talking about.

Comment

the best commercials where the vw with vader one and the pepsi max when the guy and girl were sitting across from each other

Comment

Originally posted by Camaro_09 View Post
                It may be true that they bought part of the company but the vehicls are still made in the us. No one said anything about who owned the company, just that it is made in our country. So before you jump in calling people stupid names read what we are talking about.
                So by your logic, Toyota, Nissan, BMW, etc are all domestic manufacturers because they build their products on US soil? Even though they send their profits overseas?
                <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Lilspleen View Post
                  the best commercials where the vw with vader one and the pepsi max when the guy and girl were sitting across from each other
                  I liked the vader one too, but all I could think of during the pepsi max commercial(s) was how Coke and Pepsi have been trying for decades to make a soda with zero calories that tastes the same as the real thing but have failed miserably each time. And by "fail miserably" I mean it tastes like ****.
                  sigpic

Comment

Some foreign car companies (Toyota, Honda, Hyundai etc..) pay American workers to build their cars here, then send the profits overseas.

The American car companies pay foreigners (Canada, Mexico?, God knows where else..) to build their cars over there and keep the profits in America.

Which one is the less of two evils? Pick your poison I guess...?

How is my 2000 Chevrolet is more American than my parents 2007 Toyota Camry. My car was assembled by Canadians. My parents car was assembled not far from me in Georgetown, KY. The Camaro was American inspired and the Camry was American assembled.

If you ask me, this discussion is a matter of opinion. Both vehicles have foreign and domestic traits.

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th View Post
                      They're a parasitic company aimed at killing local small town competition by bringing shoddy Chinese made products to the American consumer too stupid and cheap to buy anything American. Wal-Mart is the end result of a capitalism when allowed to roam unchained, changing said capitalism into a corporate oligarchy. Good thing is that alot of people are seeing the company for what it is, and have been switching retailers here and there in the last couple years. Not to say I like Target, Kmart, or any other huge retailer either, but Wal-Mart has issues....
                      Mind telling me where you shop then? EVERYTHING is made in China/Japan/Thialand etc as far as things everybody buys it seems.
                      -Jarred '70 Pontiac LeMans | '89 Firebird Formula 350

Comment

Originally posted by Red&Black_Attack View Post
                        Mind telling me where you shop then? EVERYTHING is made in China/Japan/Thialand etc as far as things everybody buys it seems.
                        Although many products are made overseas, I will still shop at local retailers, and buy American whenever possible. Almost all consumer electronics are made overseas, and have been for a long time. For example, I believe that the last American made television was a Zenith, back in 1995 or 1996, since then, every television that I can recall has been made overseas, just can't get around it. And if I can, I buy union. My union made car has lasted 15 years, with almost 175k on it, and driven in the worst that Chicago weather can throw at it, and I use it to tote around tools and such driving as far south as St. Louis and as far north as Green Bay, WI. And its an Fbody.

I have union made T-shirts that I wear to work, union made jeans, things like that. And this **** has lasted FAR longer than anything I could have bought at Wal-Mart. With a global economy, the nessecary evil is having to buy something that had foreign hands on it at some point. Theres simply no getting around it in 2011, but if I can support a local retailer at the VERY least, then thats what I do.
                        1995 Pontiac Firebird
                        2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Some foreign car companies (Toyota, Honda, Hyundai etc..) pay American workers to build their cars here, then send the profits overseas.

The American car companies pay foreigners (Canada, Mexico?, God knows where else..) to build their cars over there and keep the profits in America.

Which one is the less of two evils? Pick your poison I guess...?

How is my 2000 Chevrolet is more American than my parents 2007 Toyota Camry. My car was assembled by Canadians. My parents car was assembled not far from me in Georgetown, KY. The Camaro was American inspired and the Camry was American assembled.

If you ask me, this discussion is a matter of opinion. Both vehicles have foreign and domestic traits.

Consider this: General Motors accounts for about 33% of the US Automotive jobs, and Toyota accounts for about 9%. Realize that whether or not the vehicle was ASSEMBLED in the US, American vehicles, in every case I've seen, always contain a greater number of parts made in the US. Realize you are not only paying General Motors as a company, but also the individual Designers, engineers, and part manufacturers here in the US that went in to building that car. Just because a Toyota is assembled in America doesn't negate the fact that a huge percentage of the individual parts are designed and manufactured overseas, then shipped over here. It's cheaper to send over smaller parts and assemble them in America then send over full cars. And they win over people like you that then consider their cars to be "American made."

When you buy a GM, you are directly supporting about 92,000 American jobs, whereas when buying a Toyota, it's a little over 30,000. And that includes those American cars that are assembled in Canada and Mexico. Yes, by buying certain foreign cars, you are supporting some American jobs, but by buying any domestic vehicle, you are supporting many more. THAT is how they are MORE AMERICAN.

Also consider that about 85% of General Motors vehicles also assembled in the US. Compare that to about 16% for Toyota, and much worse for many other import brands.
                          Last edited by TheGr8Schlotzky; 02-10-2011, 01:33 PM.
                          sigpic
                          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky View Post
                            Also consider that about 85% of General Motors vehicles also assembled in the US. Compare that to about 16% for Toyota, and much worse for many other import brands.
                            I'd really like to see some factual data to back that one up. I know a LOT of the trucks are assembled in Mexico now, and every Camaro is built in Canada.
                            <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

About 60% of GM models are assembled in the US. I believe that figure is from 2009, and refers to the percentage of GM vehicles sold in that year that were built in the US.
                              sigpic
                              1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                              1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                              --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

you say: made in America

I say: north, central, or south America.
                                1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
                                2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
                                94 comero 3.4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3.4 slow to go
                                  hey there strangers!
                                  by 3.4 slow to go
                                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                  5 hours ago
                                • ssms5411
                                  Had to get another phone
                                  by ssms5411
                                  Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                                  1 week ago
                                • ssms5411
                                  Leaking front cover
                                  by ssms5411
                                  So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                                  2 weeks ago
                                • transamtom1
                                  Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                                  by transamtom1
                                  Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X