Pete Rose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pete Rose

Even though I was only 7 months old at the time, I have been a fan of Pete Rose ever since I was old enough to collect baseball cards. Over the past 15 years I have collected every Pete Rose baseball card made, with the exception of his 1963 rookie card ($400-2,000, thats why I don't own one). I have an autographed Phillies jersey, two autographed baseballs, autographed '89 Topps manager card and three picture frames, autographed with COA's. It's an obsession because I wish I could have been there on that night in September 1985.

Tomorrow is the 25th Anniversary of Pete Rose hitting 4,192 to beat Ty Cobb's record. This man loved the game of baseball and in my opinion is the gratest man who every played the game! I have met Pete Rose twice and fund raiser events, he still admires his fans and has a huge following in Cincinnati.

Why am I discussing this in the CV6 lounge? Because I think Baseball commisioner Allan Huber "Bud" Selig is a incompetent jerk. Pete Rose gambled on baseball and has a lifetime ban, but a lot of the 90's players used performance inhancing drugs that changed the outcome of many games. How dare you Mr. Selig for allowing Pete to suffer and the other players to remain in the game. You sir, are a true honest to god a**hole.

Congratulations Pete on your 25th Anniversary!!

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X