Del Sol H22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Del Sol H22

I raced a Honda Del Sol with a jdm H22 swap, headers, exhaust and intake. we went from a stop to about 110,I pulled about 1 1/2 cars on the launch, at the end of the race he was at my back bumper and not pulling any.

Any ideas on what a h22 del sol should run?
    99 camaro 3.8 <br />Y87, A4, T-tops,<br />Whisper lid, <br />FTRA, K&N filter,<br />Flowmaster 40 series,<br />Highflow cat.

Re: Del Sol H22

He shoulda mopped the floor with you. Aren't the H22 engines 200HP engines in the preludes? Del Sols only weigh like 2300lbs or something like that, so he shoulda walked you pretty good.
    <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

Originally posted by camaro_speedemon
      He shoulda mopped the floor with you. Aren't the H22 engines 200HP engines in the preludes? Del Sols only weigh like 2300lbs or something like that, so he shoulda walked you pretty good.
      Didn't you hear him? He said they only went to 110. VTEC doesn't kick in until 121mph fool! :p :D

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
      i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
      R.I.P. '07 Pats
      Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Originally posted by Fireball27
        Didn't you hear him? He said they only went to 110. VTEC doesn't kick in until 121mph fool! :p :D
        lol come on now its only takes until 115mph

but yah asuming ur stock he shoulda wooped u good. not only do H22A's have slightly higher than normal hp, but bigger displacement meaning better torque. just an engine sway alone into a 2150lb or so 95 civic hatch is good for high 13's/14 flat.

the only reason 97 preludes S's run only 15 flat is cuz they weigh like 3000lbs. not sure i forget
        Last edited by RicE-ter; 04-14-2006, 08:17 PM.
        -RJ \"Like trail mix I\'m a lil sweet but mostly nutty\"<br />Metallic Blue 2001 3.8 Firebird M5<br />FRA,Smoothed Air lid, Homedepot Intake, K&N Air Filter, MSD Coils & Plug wires, Iridium Plugs, Flash Tune, 2.5 Flowmaster Catback.

Comment

Originally posted by RicE-ter
          lol come on now its only takes until 115mph

but yah asuming ur stock he shoulda wooped u good. not only do H22A's have slightly higher than normal hp, but bigger displacement meaning better torque. just an engine sway alone into a 2150lb or so 95 civic hatch is good for high 13's/14 flat.

the only reason 97 preludes S's run only 15 flat is cuz they weigh like 3200lbs.

OMG it has like made torque yo. A beefy 156 ft/lbs

http://hondatuningmagazine.com/tech/0211hon_swap/

pumped out 156 lb-ft at a lower 5250 rpm. This number and engine speed difference make the H-series engines more tractable on the street, with on-demand torque, unlike the peaky B series.
          I always though my 300lbs@2000 RPM was on demand torque. I guess it's better to have half the tq at 3xs the RPM :stp:

<a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

Yeah I know that it should be good for low 14's, it must have some issues.
            99 camaro 3.8 <br />Y87, A4, T-tops,<br />Whisper lid, <br />FTRA, K&N filter,<br />Flowmaster 40 series,<br />Highflow cat.

Comment

OMG it has like made torque yo. A beefy 156 ft/lbs

http://hondatuningmagazine.com/tech/0211hon_swap/

I always though my 300lbs@2000 RPM was on demand torque. I guess it's better to have half the tq at 3xs the RPM :stp:

There are benefits to having a higher torque range. I'll take 350ft lbs @ 4500 over 350 ft lbs @ 2000 anyday.
              2001 Black Z28 M6<br />Sprayed, slotted, geared and more~

Comment

beefy..lol...

well for hondas i guess u could say its a torque monster. just sayin its pretty impressive sometimes how much power they squeeze out. theres a vid in streetfire.net i think of a H22 civic hatch.

i never thought id see the day when some1 might call a 2 liter motor a rat motor
                Last edited by RicE-ter; 04-15-2006, 02:40 AM.
                -RJ \"Like trail mix I\'m a lil sweet but mostly nutty\"<br />Metallic Blue 2001 3.8 Firebird M5<br />FRA,Smoothed Air lid, Homedepot Intake, K&N Air Filter, MSD Coils & Plug wires, Iridium Plugs, Flash Tune, 2.5 Flowmaster Catback.

Comment

Originally posted by WishIHad$$$
                  There are benefits to having a higher torque range. I'll take 350ft lbs @ 4500 over 350 ft lbs @ 2000 anyday.
                  **** that, I'll take 350 ft. lbs. from 2000 rpm all the way till 4500 rpm.:rock:
                  Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Fbody3400
                    **** that, I'll take 350 ft. lbs. from 2000 rpm all the way till 4500 rpm.:rock:

I was gonna say the same thing. I have like 300lbs from 2000-4500.

I've driven a few decently quick hondas. And while it is fun to rev the crap out of the motor, in traffic, I'd rather mash the gas in 4th gear and pass someone easily, then half to downshift from 4th to 2nd just to pass.
                    Last edited by camaro_speedemon; 04-15-2006, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fbody3400
                      Good luck finding one, you won't find anything short of an electric motor that makes exactly 350 ft lbs for 2500 rpm

Comment

Good luck finding one, you won't find anything short of an electric motor that makes exactly 350 ft lbs for 2500 rpm
                        Yea... I don't think he ment exactly 350tq for a perfectly 2500 RPMS

A 4.6 modular with an x-pipe and catback

May not be 350lbs RWTQ but its close to 350 Flywheel Tq

Bottom tq line, stock 03 cobra. May not be a perfect 350, but thats a pretty damn flat curve if you ask me.

Comment

So what were you trying to prove again?

Comment

So what were you trying to prove again?
                            I'm not sure, I was drunk when I made that post.

Comment

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X