Engine swapped Integra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine swapped Integra

Last night I was out cruising with a couple friends. One of my buddies was driving and there was around 500 lbs of people in my car. We saw a LOUD integra pass by us going the other direction. Naturally we whipped around and followed him to see if he wanted to race. When we caught up to him, he gunned it a couple times. That sucker was pretty fast! He was game for racing, so we went out to the nearby highway.

We agreed to go from around 45 mph. On three honks we went. We got the initial jump (around 1/2 a car) in second gear, but by around 55mph he was slowly gaining. He barely nosed in front of us through 3rd gear and we thought it was definitely game over. Surprisingly, we started coming back by the top of 3rd gear and by the time we hit the speed limiter at 115mph, he was more than a car behind us.

I think this was the funniest race I've ever been in. During the whole time we were yelling and laughing. I recall yelling at the other passenger to "Think fast thoughts!!", lol.

After the race, we talked a bit. At first he insisted that his car was "stock" but there was no way. After a bit more prodding, he told us he had a VTEC engine swap with no muffler and a gutted interior. Stock my a$$, lol. When my friend told him my car was a V6 he gave us the most surprised look you have ever seen. :D

So much fun!

Edit: Oh yeah, forgot that we don't have sigs anymore. Here's my humble mod list:

Flowmaster exhaust, Pacesetter headers, 3" cat, 3" S-pipe, whisper lid, ram air, Spec Stage 1 clutch, Poly Trans mount, Walbro 255LPH.
    Last edited by 98 3.8; 04-11-2006, 04:16 PM.
    1998 M5 3.8 Mystic Teal Camaro<br />Flowmaster exhaust, Pacesetter headers, 3\" cat, 3\" S-pipe, whisper lid, ram air, Spec Stage 1 clutch, Poly Trans mount, Walbro 255LPH. Numerous appearance mods.<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533</a>

Re: Engine swapped Integra

Doesn't say much for his engine swap if you beat him with 500lbs of meat in your car... maybe he shoulda stuck with the stock motor :D Nice kill btw

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
    i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
    R.I.P. '07 Pats
    Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Maybe he just swapped in a B18, which is what stock GSRs come with; seems like the right outcome.
      Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Fbody3400
        Maybe he just swapped in a B18, which is what stock GSRs come with; seems like the right outcome.
        Maybe but none the less i'll say thats a huge waste of money. If you're gonna spend X thousand dollars on a new engine it had better be a big improvement, otherwise just stick to bolt ons and such... and if that new engine WAS a big improvement... then wow, why bother at all? :D :stp:

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
        i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
        R.I.P. '07 Pats
        Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Wait, so he probably had the LS motor in the car. Took that out, and put the VTEC motor in?

WTF didn't he do an LS VTEC convertion, he would have gotten more power, and probably would have been cheeper
          <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

Originally posted by camaro_speedemon
            Wait, so he probably had the LS motor in the car. Took that out, and put the VTEC motor in?

WTF didn't he do an LS VTEC convertion, he would have gotten more power, and probably would have been cheeper
            Simply because ricers are just plain retarded. :rolleyes:
            sigpic
            1997 Camaro RS A4
            2006 Chevy Colorado
            2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

vtech's aren't that fast. the only thing that that car had on you was weight
              WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

gotta be careful when you say vtec's arent that fast. All they get the vtec name from is the type of head, where they do that freaky keep the valves open longer at high rpms. theres the 3.0Lv6 vtechs that are real peppy stock. Alot of the vtec's here in the US are nerfed versions of the vtecs in Japan. Those engines are illegal over here cuz of emissions. http://www.clubcivic.com/board/engine-codes.php theres all the vtec that are available in the US.
                Last edited by 99davenport; 04-12-2006, 03:53 PM.
                3.73 gears ramair kit flowmaster is no more now BORLA cat-back 3\"catco cat<br />best et w/ flowmaster 14.8 best et w/ open borla 14.62@94mph :)best et w/ open borla and drag radials 14.4 at 96 o yea and a set of pacesetters

Comment

Originally posted by 99davenport
                  gotta be careful when you say vtec's arent that fast. All they get the vtec name from is the type of head, where they do that freaky keep the valves open longer at high rpms. theres the 3.0Lv6 vtechs that are real peppy stock. Alot of the vtec's here in the US are nerfed versions of the vtecs in Japan. Those engines are illegal over here cuz of emissions. http://www.clubcivic.com/board/engine-codes.php theres all the vtec that are available in the US.
                  Yea, but it takes a lot of $$$ to make 4bangers fast. Pretty much you need atleast some kind of FI, because those engines are tapped pretty good stock.
                  <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

I dunno.....stock for stock a gsr should beat a camaro/firebird (power to weight ratio)....especially from a 45mph roll....anyhow, a b18c1 is a darn good motor. If that kid had a vtec motor and no muffler....you would have heard the vtec kick in, even over your own exhaust! I wouldn't take that kids word for a grain of rice....You and i have the same mods just about too. My buddy has a 01 gsr integra with cold air intake,headers, full catback exhaust, lsd, msd ignition, stage 3 clutch and a tune. He and i will fool around and he will always take me from a roll and i will always take him from a stop. It's always close though in either type of race. I'll be modest too....i drive manual damn good too. Anyhow, anything can happen on the street. good kill!
                    Last edited by Harrison; 04-12-2006, 08:18 PM.
                    Black 1996 3.8 Firebird T5, SLP CAI, Pacesetter Ceramic Headers,160* t-stat, PCMforLess Tune, Flowmaster American Thunder catback, Car Sounds Cat, custom s-pipe, MSD coils and wires, NGK plugs, 3.42 posi rear, B&M Ripper, 245/50 BFG-G-force's

Comment

B18C5 FTW |\/|/-\|D vTEc TyPe R poWuH!1!!one!!
                      Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

I talked to the dude again last night...He's running a B16 A1 with tuning, open header, and upgraded clutch...
                        1998 M5 3.8 Mystic Teal Camaro<br />Flowmaster exhaust, Pacesetter headers, 3\" cat, 3\" S-pipe, whisper lid, ram air, Spec Stage 1 clutch, Poly Trans mount, Walbro 255LPH. Numerous appearance mods.<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533</a>

Comment

piece of junk. JDM motor from japan. Came from a Japanese version 88-91 Civic SiR. Stock output=158hp at 7600rpm, 112 torque at 7000rpm. I say hes an idiot for putting in a weak a$$ motor when he couldve gotten a b18c1 for cheaper which puts out more power as well. Guess you can't win them all?
                          Black 1996 3.8 Firebird T5, SLP CAI, Pacesetter Ceramic Headers,160* t-stat, PCMforLess Tune, Flowmaster American Thunder catback, Car Sounds Cat, custom s-pipe, MSD coils and wires, NGK plugs, 3.42 posi rear, B&M Ripper, 245/50 BFG-G-force's

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                            Hello everyone!
                            by Andy H
                            Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                            3 weeks ago
                          • 3.4 slow to go
                            hey there strangers!
                            by 3.4 slow to go
                            been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                            3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X