1995-ish Mustang GT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995-ish Mustang GT

My first race against a stang. I have heard that our cars could take one of these older GT's so when I heard an annoying exhaust tone come up on me and then wiz around me I wasnt the least bit intimidated. We gave each other a couple of 45-75 runs just to watch each other and then we finally got a light. I dont know what this guy done to his exhaust, it may have been open b/c I didnt see a tail pipe or anything. It was extremely loud, not a good loud like beefy, an obnoxious rattle loud if you get what i'm saying. I could tell he had a manual from the way he was driving before, I have an automatic...so by the time we got to the light I was a little worried. Well this guy gets a nice jump on me, times everything perfect just sqeaks his tires a little bit. I could tell this middle-aged man knew what he was doing. Anyway, he got about 2 feet in front of me (my nose at his door) and stays there until he completely shuts down at 50 :-o and turns into a gas station. I was pissed b/c he shut down just when I felt like I was reeling him in. He must have noticed too and decided he didnt want to get took or even kept up with by a V6 Camaro and turned off. Honestly I think if I knew how to launch my car good, I could have been ahead or at least nose to nose. I was surprised at his jump though, b/c of my gears that's usually where I win all my races.
    Last edited by Greg94Red392; 04-06-2006, 05:53 PM.
    1998 Camaro V6 \"Black Mamba\"<br />Y87<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N filter<br />Flowmaster American Thunder<br />Numerous appearance mods.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154172\" target=\"_blank\">Car Domain</a>

Re: 1995-ish Mustang GT

ehh o well. but man i saw a new roush stang looked great
    -RJ \"Like trail mix I\'m a lil sweet but mostly nutty\"<br />Metallic Blue 2001 3.8 Firebird M5<br />FRA,Smoothed Air lid, Homedepot Intake, K&N Air Filter, MSD Coils & Plug wires, Iridium Plugs, Flash Tune, 2.5 Flowmaster Catback.

Comment

Ehhh, the faster you would of gone, the more he would of pulled. V6s just sorta fall flat, those 5.0s may run 15s but they're doing it at 95 mph. I really haven't heard a mustang that i think sounds ****ty (besides this one we know as the bat mobile which = lime green gt, dual fart cannons, FAT double stack aluminum wing, and more stickers than a hippies car.)
      Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Fbody3400
        Ehhh, the faster you would of gone, the more he would of pulled. V6s just sorta fall flat, those 5.0s may run 15s but they're doing it at 95 mph. I really haven't heard a mustang that i think sounds ****ty (besides this one we know as the bat mobile which = lime green gt, dual fart cannons, FAT double stack aluminum wing, and more stickers than a hippies car.)
        lol, sometimes the numbers of those mid 90s GTs make me wanna race them
        1995 Bluish green 3.4l Camaro.<br />Bone stock right now lol!<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2042355\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2042355</a>

Comment

I've never heard a mustang that didn't sound good.

And yea, they may only be 215HP, but they got like 300lbs/tq
          <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

torque wins races...

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
            http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
            Or this

Comment

Originally posted by camaro_speedemon
              I've never heard a mustang that didn't sound good.

And yea, they may only be 215HP, but they got like 300lbs/tq
              Yeah, i wasn't putting them down. I was gonna add in that pretty much every mustang i hear with an exhaust sounds pretty damn good, and it company has a very unique differance in sound thats pretty noticeable.
              Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Yeah, i wasn't putting them down. I was gonna add in that pretty much every mustang i hear with an exhaust sounds pretty damn good, and it company has a very unique differance in sound thats pretty noticeable.
                I agree. This was the first Mustang i've ever heard that sounded like ****.
                1998 Camaro V6 \"Black Mamba\"<br />Y87<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N filter<br />Flowmaster American Thunder<br />Numerous appearance mods.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154172\" target=\"_blank\">Car Domain</a>

Comment

Could have been a V6.

Comment

Nah, I''m pretty sure I would have walked him.

Plus he had a GT bumper.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg94Red392
                      Nah, I''m pretty sure I would have walked him.

Plus he had a GT bumper.
                      Trust me man, I raced several turd style GT stangs in my old camaro. When I won, it was always from a dig. By 70ish they always starting catching up. If I ever raced one from a roll, they would just walk away from me.
                      <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

Oh I know I was saying if it would have been a 6 I would have walked him.

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber
                          torque wins races...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3.4 slow to go
                            hey there strangers!
                            by 3.4 slow to go
                            been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                            4 hours ago
                          • ssms5411
                            Had to get another phone
                            by ssms5411
                            Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                            1 week ago
                          • ssms5411
                            Leaking front cover
                            by ssms5411
                            So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                            2 weeks ago
                          • transamtom1
                            Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                            by transamtom1
                            Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                            3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X