Impact Guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impact Guns

Right now I have one of the earthquake impacts from harbor freight. It’s been taking a beating over the last number of years and probably on its last legs soon.

I have been looking at upgrading some of my tools this year. Milwaukee, Dewalt and Ridgid all have some decent deals at homedepot. I ordered the combo kit and got a free sawzall with my purchase (ridgid has the same deal).

I have been toying if I made the right decision- Milwaukee makes some sweet tools and I was looking at getting their high torque impact next that puts out 1100ft/lbs of torque to break nuts. At the same time I wonder if a cheaper alternative would of been to go with ridgid as the tools don’t hurt the pocket book as much but also have decent quality.

What are you guys running for your impacts? I kinda like the idea of moving to cordless in many ways...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

I have a Dewalt 20v impact, love it , just make sure you run bigger battery on it. I was going to get the whole set but stopped with the impact, drill and small impact. I use them enough so getting the sawzall and circular saw would be a waste for me. Sounds like you do a lot of wood working and stuff so it might benefit you to get the whole set.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

How much torque does your dewalt impact put out Steve?

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
        How much torque does your dewalt impact put out Steve?
        Don’t know but it’s good enough for what I do , does the lugnuts like a champ. My buddy who’s a contractor got me on to buying Dewalt because that’s what all he uses. My uncle borrowed my impact for his tounge on his manufactured home and the bolts were rusted and the impact took them right off he was impressed. And when I did the front brake swap it was nice having the impact for the bolts.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I looked it up Mike 700ftlbs.

Comment

Same here - Dewalt XR 20v - 1/2" and 3/8" drive

Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Thanks... I am still going back and forth. Decisions, decisions lol. I like that both dewalt and Milwaukee have a ton of tools in their lineup too...

Comment

Reason I like Dewalt is I have a bunch of their hand tools also so it’s a no brained for me, I’m picking up a sawzal and bigger battery.

Comment

The only thing that has me hesitant on the dewalt stuff is when I have used my dads 18v dewalt drill the chuck locks up, sounds like it strips and spits the bit. You have the then grab the chuck with your hand, twist it to get it to grab again, reinsert your bit and continue on.

I thought it might be a one off, but when I was reading some of the reviews on the combo sets I see there drills are still having that issue.

The ridgid stuff doesn't look too bad. And there stuff is cheaper to buy than dewalt and milwaukee on a tool only basis. Plus their lifetime warranty is appealing. I've been going back and forth for a few weeks now lol...

Comment

Never had that problem with my drill. So don’t know but I did just order a sawzall , circular saw and another 5 battery.

Comment

So I ended up exchanging my 600ft lb Milwaukee impact for their beast mode 1400ft/lb impact here: Milwaukee Impact. This thing is a total beast and I finally got to use it the other day. Just feels like it has so much more power than the 600ft/lb mid torque model.

I love the function it has too to slow down the speed once it breaks a nut loose so it doesn't go flying somewhere.

The only thing that kinda sucks is it is bigger than my air gun. I was considering later down the road to get one of their 12v 3/8" impacts. They are very small and can do 250 ft/lbs. This will speed up taking off smaller bolts and allow me to get into those tighter spaces.

I don't know yet though...just a wish list kinda thing for now...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                        Hello everyone!
                        by Andy H
                        Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                        2 weeks ago
                      • 3.4 slow to go
                        hey there strangers!
                        by 3.4 slow to go
                        been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                        3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X