woodworking plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• woodworking plans

Does anyone know of some good places to get wood working plans from? Preferably free but I don't mind paying either. I want to move into my projects for building some garage cabinets and my new tool box . I am handy enough to build and make it, not sure I have the capacity to come up with a set of plans that will work though.

So far I have found plans for this type of tool box, but I would like to make something maybe a little bigger....

https://www.woodsmithplans.com/plan/...ont-tool-cart/

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

So I found a few plans online and have started constructing some of my garage workshop area- got just the basic table built this weekend and will be building a rollaway bench / tool cabinet in the next week or two...

Table top bench

Comment

Looks good , can't wait to see tool cabinet.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
        So I found a few plans online and have started constructing some of my garage workshop area- got just the basic table built this weekend and will be building a rollaway bench / tool cabinet in the next week or two...

Table top bench
        Looks good, I build similar benches around my pole barn. I found a set of plans that looks similar but efficiently uses 8' 2x4's and a full sheet of plywood with no scrap. I like to add some heavy duty canisters to make them easily movable.
        <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

Heavy duty casters are a pain to find for cheap- I just ordered 2” ones off ebay that are locking and hold 200lbs each.

I really wanted 3” ones but they are like 10-15$ each and I will need about 24 when I am all said and done...

Comment

So got about 95% of my table / roll out cabinet complete!

Rolling cabinets

Garage cabinets

Garage roll away cart

Click image for larger version

Name:	EC43D8F5-716A-491A-90EC-CB7312D2507A.jpeg
Size:	3.20 MB
ID:	1571910

Click image for larger version

Name:	4A5C3E74-629C-4254-B437-A2B4467DB351.jpeg
Size:	2.97 MB
ID:	1571909

Garage work table and cabinets

Garage cabinet and table

Comment

Looks good, still waiting for the tool chest.lol
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Tool chest will be one of the last things to be built - I have so much stuff to move around and organize, shelving is next...

Comment

Nice, cant wait for the tool chest, how big are you going to have it?

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                    Nice, cant wait for the tool chest, how big are you going to have it?
                    I haven't decided on final size - I can afford to make it a little smaller given the roll away cart just held so much for me on my first build. Once I assess the shelving plans I'll have a better idea of what I can eliminate currently from my tool box.

The plan I have for the tool box will be like this one except without the little work table on the side of it: https://www.woodstore.net/Tool-Chest-p/gr-01059.htm

I will adjust the sizing to suit my needs so may go a little wider/taller or shorter than the specs listed in their plans. Since I haven't bought the plans yet I don't know what the size of that box is...I just need solid plans that I can edit to build the chest. I am not smart enough to make plans from scratch, but if I have something I can make it all work..

Comment

Been busy making shelving in the garage- got a wee bit fancier and routered in some strips for adjustable brackets. Nothing too hard, but it’s letting me lemarn the router table a little better.

Next up I am going to make some half cabinet doors to cover the big open area on the shelf and add a lock to it...

Custom woodworking shelves

Custom routered garage shelf

Wood Garage shelving unit

Comment

So yesterday and part of last week I got to building some cabinet doors to cover my shelving I made earlier... just used some scrap higher end 3/4” plywood and some old flooring we had kicking around... pretty pumped with the results since this is the first time I have done something like this. Now I need to figure out what type of hinges and knobs I want to out on the doors... harware seems to be damn expensive though!

Mortar cabinet joints

Clamping cabinet doors

Custom plywood cabinet doors

Comment

Look good, how about the tool chest, still waiting on that one.

Comment

I know you are lol- it’s my first time at all of this so I am slow and learning.

my next step is going to be to build a drawer for the cabinet I built- if I can’t pull off a drawer than a tool box will be out of the question...

right now though I have already freed up a ton of space in the garage so expanding the tool chest may not be necessary. My 3 socket sets have a nice home now that is quick and easy access- my torque wrenches are in better locations on the shelf instead of taking up room in the box... all of my air tools are on a dedicated area in the cabinet vs on my work bench or in my box... same with my cutoff wheels. So that has all freed space in my tool box

Comment

Nice , good to hear it freed up space, mines all over the shop and back patio. I think I need some cabinets.lol

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                Had to get another phone
                                by ssms5411
                                Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                                1 week ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Leaking front cover
                                by ssms5411
                                So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • transamtom1
                                Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                                by transamtom1
                                Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X