93 base V6 Firebird front lower control arms wanted. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

93 base V6 Firebird front lower control arms wanted.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 base V6 Firebird front lower control arms wanted.

My car will not pass inspection in PA because my lower arms are rotted from salt exposure. I'm looking for a set of lower front control arms. I'm told that the V8 car arms will not fit to my frame, so it sounds like I have to have them from another V6 car.

Larry 00 71 at g mail . Com.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Re: 93 base V6 Firebird front lower control arms wanted.

Who told you that?

You can use the front lower control arms from any 93-02 V6 or V8 Camaro or Firebird.

http://www.tacreationsusa.com/control_arms.htm

Last edited by FirebirdGT; 04-27-2014, 09:42 PM.
    Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Check the wrecking yards, there are three 4th gens sitting in one wrecking yard up here that lets me pull my own parts.

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdGT View Post
        Who told you that?

You can use the front lower control arms from any 93-02 V6 or V8 Camaro or Firebird.

http://www.tacreationsusa.com/control_arms.htm

Local guy I contacted on Craigslist told me that his V8 Trans Am arms are different, something about the frame mounting tabs being different on the V8 car vs the V6 car. I did get his TA sway bars and 5 spoke wheels.

Comment

Tried local, didn't find anything. Most around here scrap anything over 10 years old, mainly because it's all rusted junk by 10 years up here in the rust belt of Western Pa.

Comment

Originally posted by larry0071 View Post
            Local guy I contacted on Craigslist told me that his V8 Trans Am arms are different, something about the frame mounting tabs being different on the V8 car vs the V6 car.
            Call TA Creations if you need to confirm that they are the same - they only part out F-bodys.

Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

I can get you some if you'd like? How much are you trying to buy them for?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm in texas so no tootage from salt exposure btw

Comment

I used my V6 control arms with a V8 K-member with no issues. If there is any small difference it's not the frame mounting points.

Comment

FirebirdV6Rage, I would like to be at a maximum of $75 each on them. $50 each would be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by larry0071 View Post
                      Local guy I contacted on Craigslist told me that his V8 Trans Am arms are different, something about the frame mounting tabs being different on the V8 car vs the V6 car. I did get his TA sway bars and 5 spoke wheels.

I would contact him again and buy them if there in good condition. There all the same 93-02. I would use some good bushings while their out like Moog.
                      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdGT View Post
                        Call TA Creations if you need to confirm that they are the same - they only part out F-bodys.

I called this place and talked to Jeff, I have a pair shipping out today!

Comment

Congrats man I could of got them for 50 $ each used plus shipping congrats tho!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                            Hello everyone!
                            by Andy H
                            Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                            2 weeks ago
                          • 3.4 slow to go
                            hey there strangers!
                            by 3.4 slow to go
                            been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                            3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X