wanted: engine to transmission bracket. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wanted: engine to transmission bracket.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wanted: engine to transmission bracket.

Anyone got a spare drivers side engine to transmission bracket. I snapped mine in half and had it welded but I don't think it'll hold. Mines a 3800 and a t-5 so if you've got one. Please e-mail me at flipper13.mc@gmail.com is be happy to pay fir it and the shipping lol. Just don't know where to order a new one. And where's the best place to order a new torque arm? I just want a new one not really an upgrade just new lol.
    help me build the ultimate sleeper soon ill have a lot more mods than i can list and watch out for the spikes. 02 firebird

Re: wanted: engine to transmission bracket.

You really don't need those brackets, autos don't have them. When I went from a M5 to A4 I cut the brackets off, and have no problems. For Tq arm you really won't find a new one any where, unless you get a aftermarket one. A used one will be cheap in price but they should function just the same. If you want a great upgrade go to a UMI tunnel mount Tq arm.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Disagree.......if you use the car hard, you can crack the aluminum bellhousing without those brackets. I've done it on a roadracing v6 and would never recommend running without them! Believe me, the GM accountants would not have approved them if testing proved they were unnessessary.

Comment

My automatic has those brackets :burn:

Comment

Found em on gmdirect.com for 8 bucks so I'm good now lol. And yeah the bellhousing cracked first the tranny mount was gone twisted the torque arm and snapped that bracket. New housing new torque arm (on the way) new mount and now I'm getting the bracket. It'd be nice not to have to tip toe in my car lol.
          Last edited by badbird02; 03-04-2014, 09:12 PM.
          help me build the ultimate sleeper soon ill have a lot more mods than i can list and watch out for the spikes. 02 firebird

Comment

Originally posted by alex553 View Post
            My automatic has those brackets :burn:

Good to know. When I did the M5 to A4 swap, it just said to cut the M5 brackets. If I would of known there were A4 brackets I would installed them while I was at it. I haven't had any problems with it (knock on wood).
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Just found out they discontinued that part so gotta hunt em down still.

Comment

The brackets are the same whether they are off the auto or manual. Junk yard will have em

Comment

Theres some on ebay motors.

Comment

Well I found em on finditparts.com for 21. So I ordered it lol.

Comment

And they don't have it lol

Comment

I saw some on ebay motors.

Comment

I didn't see em for an m5 saw lots for autos.

Comment

Heres a M5, I think its the correct one, not sure.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/96-02-CAMARO...d7e3e1&vxp=mtr

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3.4 slow to go
                              hey there strangers!
                              by 3.4 slow to go
                              been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                              13 hours ago
                            • ssms5411
                              Had to get another phone
                              by ssms5411
                              Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                              1 week ago
                            • ssms5411
                              Leaking front cover
                              by ssms5411
                              So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                              2 weeks ago
                            • transamtom1
                              Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                              by transamtom1
                              Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                              3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X